A forum for seekers everywhere...


    Cryonics

    Share
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24331
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Cryonics

    Post  Violet on Sun May 23, 2010 1:00 am

    First topic message reminder :

    Would you be frozen after death in the hope of being brought back to life at a later date? Will this ever be possible? The soul would surely be long gone so if you were brought back to life would you be just like a breathing robot?



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    innerlight
    Elite

    Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Age : 38
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

    Re: Cryonics

    Post  innerlight on Mon May 31, 2010 10:29 pm

    Violet wrote:
    I've always believed that in such a state the soul can come and go as it pleases, between both worlds.

    The soul is attached to the body through an etheric cord. If this cord were to be severed, and it happens only at death, the body would then die, permanately. Now that is to say that the soul may astral project while in a coma, and stay out longer than is normally possible. But the soul would still be attached to the body. Once that cord has been severed there is no way to return to that body.
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24331
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Cryonics

    Post  Violet on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:22 pm

    Hi Innerlight yeah, i'm talking about the spirit moving between the two worlds while the body is still alive, you're right it can't get back in once the body is dead.



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    innerlight
    Elite

    Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Age : 38
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

    Re: Cryonics

    Post  innerlight on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:09 pm

    Violet wrote:Hi Innerlight yeah, i'm talking about the spirit moving between the two worlds while the body is still alive, you're right it can't get back in once the body is dead.

    However there is an interesting twist in that some claim they have been a walk in.... Which would then say that it's possible that a soul can detach itself from the bottom? I lean more towards that a walk-in shares a body that the host soul is very dormant in, and is unable to know that they are sharing a body. I'm not saying possession, that doesn't fit right.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3580
    Age : 70
    Location : Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Cryonics

    Post  mac on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:24 pm

    innerlight wrote:
    Violet wrote:Hi Innerlight yeah, i'm talking about the spirit moving between the two worlds while the body is still alive, you're right it can't get back in once the body is dead.

    However there is an interesting twist in that some claim they have been a walk in.... Which would then say that it's possible that a soul can detach itself from the bottom? I lean more towards that a walk-in shares a body that the host soul is very dormant in, and is unable to know that they are sharing a body. I'm not saying possession, that doesn't fit right.

    Certain people claim all manner of quirky behaviours. When one understands the mechanisms, though, such claims can be seen to be nothing more than active imaginations...

    And some are far more interested by a fantasy account than they ever are by reality. Such is human nature.
    avatar
    innerlight
    Elite

    Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Age : 38
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

    Re: Cryonics

    Post  innerlight on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:06 am

    mac wrote:
    Certain people claim all manner of quirky behaviours. When one understands the mechanisms, though, such claims can be seen to be nothing more than active imaginations...

    And some are far more interested by a fantasy account than they ever are by reality. Such is human nature.

    I'm not claiming it does or doesn't happen. I don't have enough research to make any claims. There are many that have such knowledge of anothers life which can bring such a thing into question.. Perhaps it's more a past life becoming more active in a persons mind?
    I just not sure on how it would be possible to reanimate a body after the soul leaves. And if it's possible to sever your own cord or attachment to your body then it, theoretically, would be possible for anyone to do such a thing.
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24331
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Cryonics

    Post  Violet on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:06 pm

    And if it's possible to sever your own cord or attachment to your body then it, theoretically, would be possible for anyone to do such a thing.

    Don't some people do exactly that? I'm sure I heard that Native Americans could just go and 'die' when they chose to, as in willing themselves to die not by actually physically killing themselves.



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    innerlight
    Elite

    Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Age : 38
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

    Re: Cryonics

    Post  innerlight on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:13 pm

    Violet wrote:
    Don't some people do exactly that? I'm sure I heard that Native Americans could just go and 'die' when they chose to, as in willing themselves to die not by actually physically killing themselves.
    It is possible to give up the will to live, I don't know how much is truthful to be able to just go and die.. I have heard that masters have been able to cross between both worlds whenever they choose. But they are not technically deceased as there isn't a body found.
    avatar
    Mal5252
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 258
    Location : Brisbane Australia
    Job/hobbies : writing
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

    Re: Cryonics

    Post  Mal5252 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:29 am

    innerlight wrote:
    Violet wrote:
    Don't some people do exactly that? I'm sure I heard that Native Americans could just go and 'die' when they chose to, as in willing themselves to die not by actually physically killing themselves.
    It is possible to give up the will to live, I don't know how much is truthful to be able to just go and die.. I have heard that masters have been able to cross between both worlds whenever they choose. But they are not technically deceased as there isn't a body found.

    Hi Violet & innerlight ,
    the Australian Aborigines had an ancient technique of 'pointing the bone' at somebody which condemned them to die, then the person (whom the bone was pointed at) would simply go away and die. I believe it was a form of mind control.

    Mal
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24331
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Re: Cryonics

    Post  Violet on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:55 am

    Hi Mal, perhaps it was simply belief which caused them to die.



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    avatar
    innerlight
    Elite

    Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Age : 38
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

    Re: Cryonics

    Post  innerlight on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:08 am

    Mal5252 wrote:
    Hi Violet & innerlight ,
    the Australian Aborigines had an ancient technique of 'pointing the bone' at somebody which condemned them to die, then the person (whom the bone was pointed at) would simply go away and die. I believe it was a form of mind control.

    Mal


    Could be black magick... Or it could be scaring a person into death. If such a practice exists and others hear about it you could scare yourself to death if you had it happen to you. The mind is very poweful.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Cryonics

    Post  Sponsored content

      Similar topics

      -

      Current date/time is Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:49 am