Is there a life before this one?

Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24346
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Is there a life before this one?

Post  Violet on Tue May 04, 2010 1:25 am

I don't mean a past earthly life, I mean a life in spirit before we come here, some who believe in reincarnation believe we don't come back immediately and maybe not for a hundred years or more, so what would we be doing in the meantime?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    AngelTony

Male
    Number of posts : 1227
    Registration date : 2010-04-08

Re: Is there a life before this one?

Post  AngelTony on Tue May 04, 2010 4:47 am

Violet wrote:I don't mean a past earthly life, I mean a life in spirit before we come here, some who believe in reincarnation believe we don't come back immediately and maybe not for a hundred years or more, so what would we be doing in the meantime?

Visiting other planets, I mean astral travel must give us the ability to see a new planet in 5 milliseconds. Imagine helping other people to find us and God on some distant planet, maybe not even from this universe. Can you imagine what we are going to be able to do with an infinite amount of universes. Me and my soul-mate would be planning a new life on earth 12,134 and setting up a new future were we would break up and spend years figuring how we could re-connect again before we die. We would be creating our own happy ending. Then, seeing if it would work. How powerful love would need to be to play that one, again. Alas, I am a romantic.

Dont even ask me how I thought of this one, seems preplanned, dont it!
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1110
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  psychoslice on Tue May 04, 2010 5:03 am

Myself I really don't know but I do know when I'm outside looking up at the stars I feel a sense of being out there, somewhere ?. :astar:
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony on Tue May 04, 2010 5:15 am

Oh me to PS, seems that we are just visiting here... If all you have is love, then anything is possible and you my freind carry alot of it!!
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1110
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life

Post  psychoslice on Tue May 04, 2010 6:49 am

AngelTony wrote:Oh me to PS, seems that we are just visiting here... If all you have is love, then anything is possible and you my freind carry alot of it!!

Gee thanks so much AngelTony you actually brought a tear to my eye with those kind words, I know you have heaps of love also as I have read many of your beautiful words throughout these threads. :hugsquish:
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn on Tue May 04, 2010 6:55 am

Hello

Well to me Spirit be that essece that was once one. So in Spirit that part of us lives on but does not come forth again. To me it be the Soul that comes back. In that time when one does not come to a new body, then we stay home and learn. I feel the body is a "vacation" of sorts for the Soul's learnings. When one thinks on all the body has in senses to offer the Soul wants to come forth again. Too in the body that soul learns.

Lynn

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 3691
    Job/hobbies : retired

Post  mac on Tue May 04, 2010 7:48 am

Violet wrote:I don't mean a past earthly life, I mean a life in spirit before we come here, some who believe in reincarnation believe we don't come back immediately and maybe not for a hundred years or more, so what would we be doing in the meantime?

great discussion topic, Violet....

When speaking about reincarnation I often refer to times beyond our lives in-the-body, the times before we began our (potentially) many lives here in the physical. I do that because it seems that few ever consider that they existed before their time in the body. Realistically how could it be other than that unless you think we just spontaneously came about or were 'made' just for our physical lives...???

We could speculate on our earlier forms, our earlier lives and where they might have taken place, in another thread sometime but it's matter-of-fact for me that my present form is just one of many I will have had. What we did before, and what we'll do after, our incarnations is another interesting (I think) topic and widely opens up the life-after-death subject.

All too often some folks get totally stuck in considering the subject of survival-beyond-death or are overwhelmed by the excitement and romance of supposed previous lives.

Another case of being unable to see the wood for the trees....
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony on Tue May 04, 2010 2:48 pm

Lynn wrote:Well to me Spirit be that essece that was once one. So in Spirit that part of us lives on but does not come forth again. To me it be the Soul that comes back. In that time when one does not come to a new body, then we stay home and learn. I feel the body is a "vacation" of sorts for the Soul's learnings. When one thinks on all the body has in senses to offer the Soul wants to come forth again. Too in the body that soul learns.

Lynn

My God Lynn that was beautiful!!!
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Tue May 04, 2010 11:05 pm

then we stay home and learn. I feel the body is a "vacation" of sorts for the Soul's learnings.

Hi Lynn, this is an interesting idea I wonder what we would be learning, perhaps our 'gifts' (not necessarily the spiritual ones) in preperation for our life here?

Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Tue May 04, 2010 11:11 pm

I do that because it seems that few ever consider that they existed before their time in the body. Realistically how could it be other than that unless you think we just spontaneously came about or were 'made' just for our physical lives...???
    Hi Mac, Yes i've found that too, I believe that we exist in spirit before we are born, though I don't believe we reincarnate over and over.

innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight on Tue May 04, 2010 11:16 pm

I would say spirit is like the classroom, and human body is like the playground. We learn about it in spirit, and then we come and experience it in Earth.
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn on Tue May 04, 2010 11:42 pm

Violet wrote:
    then we stay home and learn. I feel the body is a "vacation" of sorts for the Soul's learnings.

Hi Lynn, this is an interesting idea I wonder what we would be learning, perhaps our 'gifts' (not necessarily the spiritual ones) in preperation for our life here?

Hello Violet

I have to wonder on that I cam in with "SO MUCH GIFTS! ) that if I had to be given a choice hmmm hard to say if i would want it all too I have learned to use and embrace them. Something not all master. I am learning why I came forth with them too as time goes on. I have helped many a Spirit and have brought peace to many a family with a lost loved one.

I came forth too with odd Guides but too am blessed to have the one's I do. Being that one is a Buddist Master and one a Witch ( Dark Arts one) I know I came with a deeper reason. I too came with a Spirit that was once me. He has always been with me. Protects me well.

Recenctly that path has been in finiding and knowing and understanding one's I have shared past lives with . I have been meeting one's I so connect to.

We all have I feel a purpose here, even if one lives a life that seems to have no sitnifigance we always leave behind a foot print we were here there is always someting we leave behind. That piece of us that is remembered.

Lynn
    Lynn

Female

Post  Lynn on Tue May 04, 2010 11:43 pm

AngelTony wrote:
    Lynn wrote:Well to me Spirit be that essece that was once one. So in Spirit that part of us lives on but does not come forth again. To me it be the Soul that comes back. In that time when one does not come to a new body, then we stay home and learn. I feel the body is a "vacation" of sorts for the Soul's learnings. When one thinks on all the body has in senses to offer the Soul wants to come forth again. Too in the body that soul learns.

Lynn

My God Lynn that was beautiful!!!

Thank ye Tony

I am glad I touched one so.

Lynn

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 3691
    Job/hobbies : retired

Post  mac on Wed May 05, 2010 6:52 am

Violet wrote:
    I do that because it seems that few ever consider that they existed before their time in the body. Realistically how could it be other than that unless you think we just spontaneously came about or were 'made' just for our physical lives...???
    Hi Mac, Yes i've found that too, I believe that we exist in spirit before we are born, though I don't believe we reincarnate over and over.

"though I don't believe we reincarnate over and over." I think it's an area where we have too many beliefs and too little guidance - the notions expressed by certain members here shows the muddled thinking. Reliance on personal belief and personal 'guides' for instance.

I have moved away just a little from the situation described in, for example, 'The Spirits' Book', where routine, regular reincarnation occurs for everyone until sufficient spiritual progress is made.

It's a big topic in itself although I've been down the debate path many times before...without much progress.
    NightSpirit

Female
    Number of posts : 228
    Registration date : 2010-05-08

Post  NightSpirit on Tue May 11, 2010 1:11 am

*chuckling @ psycho & at's love-fest posts*
    psychoslice angeltony.....my 2 most loved male-type angels hehe
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony on Tue May 11, 2010 1:14 am

NightSpirit wrote:*chuckling @ psycho & at's love-fest posts*
    psychoslice angeltony.....my 2 most loved male-type angels hehe
    I love you too Dragon lady!!
    NightSpirit

Female

Post  NightSpirit on Tue May 11, 2010 1:20 am

AngelTony wrote:

Visiting other planets, I mean astral travel must give us the ability to see a new planet in 5 milliseconds. Imagine helping other people to find us and God on some distant planet, maybe not even from this universe. Can you imagine what we are going to be able to do with an infinite amount of universes. Me and my soul-mate would be planning a new life on earth 12,134 and setting up a new future were we would break up and spend years figuring how we could re-connect again before we die. We would be creating our own happy ending. Then, seeing if it would work. How powerful love would need to be to play that one, again. Alas, I am a romantic.

I love nothing more then being a romantic when it comes to fantasising what I would like heaven to be like. Think I missed my true vocation...fantasy author LOL
    Truly though, I hold no notions of any recognition of the small self when we pass over this veil. We simply transform back to energy of Source. I think the energy of us is kept alive by those left behind and these energies are what mediums tap into....*ducks the slaps from everyone*
    AngelTony

Male

Post  AngelTony on Tue May 11, 2010 1:39 am

NightSpirit wrote:
    AngelTony wrote:

I love nothing more then being a romantic when it comes to fantasising what I would like heaven to be like. Think I missed my true vocation...fantasy author LOL
    Truly though, I hold no notions of any recognition of the small self when we pass over this veil. We simply transform back to energy of Source. I think the energy of us is kept alive by those left behind and these energies are what mediums tap into....*ducks the slaps from everyone*
    Wow, thats sad, that I barely remember writing that. Of course I do have a memory of a past life, but not writing this last week. NS, who is fantasizing what heaven would be like when you've been there and back? , and Nooo I dont do drugs!

NightSpirit
    NightSpirit

Female

Post  NightSpirit on Tue May 11, 2010 2:00 am

AngelTony wrote:
    NightSpirit wrote:
    AngelTony wrote:

Wow, thats sad, that I barely remember writing that. Of course I do have a memory of a past life, but not writing this last week. NS, who is fantasizing what heaven would be like when you've been there and back? , and Nooo I dont do drugs!

NightSpirit
    <--------- cracked me up! hahahahahahaha
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Tue May 11, 2010 10:17 pm

I think the energy of us is kept alive by those left behind and these energies are what mediums tap into....*ducks the slaps from everyone*
    Funnily enough I was having a similar conversation the other day with someone who thinks very similarly to you (they didn't get slapped either )

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:42 pm