Seance?

Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Seance?

Post  Violet on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:16 am

Seances seemed to die a death for a long time, until programmes such as Most Haunted became popular.

Have any of you attended a seance and if so what was it like?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Re: Seance?

Post  shayn on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:27 am

did you violet?
    i never did, i don't feel right about it, i don't think we should waken the dead and call them. if being open a spirit is coming out of its need or free will, whatever you call it, then this is fine by me. but to summon a spirit, i don't think it is right.
    what do you think?
    s

skye

Female
    Number of posts : 1246
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

Post  skye on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Some people say going for a sitting with a medium, or visiting a spiritual church is a seance, so I guess it depends on one's definition.
    I'm going out on a limb here assuming you are thinking of when a spirit manifests themselves as in physical mediumship then you're right, it happens rarely nowadays. Which is sad because I feel this form of mediumship provides more evidence than that of mental mediumship as well as Spirit giving teachings that can and will benefit mankind and the world in which they live.
    I have to disagree with shayn's comment on spirit being summoned and mean no disrespect. This imo is a religious view such as was once exhibited in Christainity. I have found Spirit are more than willing to come forward to show us we survive physical death. They are no more dead than we are. Without the cooperation and love from Spirit there would be no mediums nor any mediumship demonstrations.
    I haven't been to such a seance, although I once sat for a physical medium and had some uplifting moments. It would be wonderful, I feel, if physical mediumship became popular don't you think so?
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:47 pm

hi skye
    i meant i don't like to summon a spirit, in one sense only and that is: Mr X comes to me and tell me i like to see spirit Y. being open and ask spirit to come this is fine by me and i do it often. but i wouldn't call on a specific spirit. do you see my point? when a spirit comes out of its free will, or for whatever reason, then great. but to call on a specific spirit just because someone here wants it...well, this i find wrong.

skye

Female

Post  skye on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:58 pm

shayn wrote:hi skye
    i meant i don't like to summon a spirit, in one sense only and that is: Mr X comes to me and tell me i like to see spirit Y. being open and ask spirit to come this is fine by me and i do it often. but i wouldn't call on a specific spirit. do you see my point? when a spirit comes out of its free will, or for whatever reason, then great. but to call on a specific spirit just because someone here wants it...well, this i find wrong.
    Hi shayn,
    thanks for making it clear as to your original posting. Misunderstandings like this have a habit of occuring on the internet where too often people take offence too easily, don't you think?
    I agree no one medium can ask for a specific person to come through in a sitting. I doubt if this happens too often anyhow. It's not unknown for people to hear from those of whom they would never expect to hear from, as you say it's important to be openminded before, during and after a sitting.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:44 pm

I'm going out on a limb here assuming you are thinking of when a spirit manifests themselves as in physical mediumship then you're right, it happens rarely nowadays.

Hi Skye, as far as I understand that is trance mediumship, I was referring more to when people would sit round a table holding hands, that said the physical side of mediumship is declining and it is a great shame, but perhaps good in another way as spirit no longer have to perform 'tricks' to prove their existance, I know a lot of physical mediumship was proved to be fraudulent but a lot of it wasn't.

mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:09 pm

I agree with Shayn.

skye

Female

Post  skye on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Violet wrote:
    I'm going out on a limb here assuming you are thinking of when a spirit manifests themselves as in physical mediumship then you're right, it happens rarely nowadays.

Hi Skye, as far as I understand that is trance mediumship, I was referring more to when people would sit round a table holding hands, that said the physical side of mediumship is declining and it is a great shame, but perhaps good in another way as spirit no longer have to perform 'tricks' to prove their existance, I know a lot of physical mediumship was proved to be fraudulent but a lot of it wasn't.
    I'm not sure of you know there are different levels of trance in mediumship Violet. Some mental mediums can experience a form when they are giving messages. In all honesty, physical mediumship imo is the best form of mediumship. No one person can doubt that we don't continue to live on when our passed loved ones manifest in front of our eyes. It's also ideal for spirit to come forward offering their wonderful words of wisdom through teachings and philosopy. I think the reason for it's decline is people today are not willing to commit their time and effort to developing this aspect of mediumship.
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn on Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:02 pm

it is sad isn't it?
    Akyana

Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2010-04-22

Post  Akyana on Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:32 pm

shayn wrote:it is sad isn't it?

Not sure, I think dead people should be prayed for and helped to find Light,
    not being disturbed by curious relatives with worldly questions.

skye

Female

Post  skye on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:18 pm

Akyana wrote:

Spirit people aren't dead they are more alive than we are.

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 3369
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:57 am

skye wrote:
    Akyana wrote:

Brilliant - I wish I'd said that!!!
    Akyana

Post  Akyana on Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:20 pm

mac wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Akyana wrote:

Ok then...my question then is..how do you mean it, guys?

mac

Male

Post  mac on Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:48 pm

Akyana wrote:
    mac wrote:
    skye wrote:
    Akyana wrote:

Ok then...my question then is..how do you mean it, guys?

You'll need to spell it out for me - what is your question? How do we mean what?
    Akyana

Post  Akyana on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:06 pm

Sure
    Why do you say this, how do you guys mean it
    ?
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:43 pm

the spirit is the one that lives...when the body dies its because spirit leaves it and become free, free from the blindness that the life inside a body brought upon it, free to remember and to be. life do not start nor end with the the birth of the body not with its death, life is a continues  thing that being inside a body is but one episode of it..
    if this makes any sense at all, i'm sure skye will explain it better.

skye

Female

Post  skye on Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:20 pm

Akyana wrote:Sure
    Why do you say this, how do you guys mean it
    ?

Whether or not people are aware of their 'True Self' doesn't change the fact that we have always exisited and always will. When we incarnate, we become individual spirit beings expressing ourselves through a physical body, a body that will eventually rot and decay.

When the physical body falls away, we don't cease to exist, we - our consciousness - continues to live on expressing ourselves - personality - through a spiritual body. The only thing to change is the form in which we express ourselves.

My reason for the comment is because spirit beings unlike us are no longer imprisoned to the limitations and restrictions of the physical body and the physical world. How truly liberating this experience must be.

skye

Female

Post  skye on Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:22 pm

shayn wrote:the spirit is the one that lives...when the body dies its because spirit leaves it and become free, free from the blindness that the life inside a body brought upon it, free to remember and to be. life do not start nor end with the the birth of the body not with its death, life is a continues thing that being inside a body is but one episode of it..
    if this makes any sense at all, i'm sure skye will explain it better.
    shayn, there's nothing wrong with your explanation, it made complete sense.
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:40 pm

thank you skye
    i do believe though that when moving to spirit world, and becoming a spirit again, free from the body, we do, spirits do loose their personality, the human kind of, it is not like we continue as we are, the spirit takes what it leant, what it knows and continue to develop. with time the personal aspects are gone. 

s
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:19 pm

shayn wrote:thank you skye
    i do believe though that when moving to spirit world, and becoming a spirit again, free from the body, we do, spirits do loose their personality, the human kind of, it is not like we continue as we are, the spirit takes what it leant, what it knows and continue to develop. with time the personal aspects are gone.

s

Hi Shayn, I don't believe we lose one bit of our personality.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:55 pm

shayn wrote:thank you skye

s

You are misunderstanding what a 'spirit' is, shayn.... The animating spirit, which gives the life force to the shell in which each one of us live, is the very essence of our personality. All we learn, all we experience, all we are and all we become is recorded there. To emotionally separate our spirits from the bodies in which we lived is meaningless - only physical separation of the two is possible, the physical separation which occurs on our physical deaths....

When we pass over it is our spirit which passes, it is our spirit which is the everlasting part of that almost-indefinable someone we call 'I' or 'myself'. As we pass over we take with us the experiences we gained this time, we take with us the experiences we brought with us when we came here. The shape and the colour of each of our individual spirits carries the modifying influence of the physical form in which we have lived whilst 'in the body'. That influence will stay with us for a greater or lesser time but our experiences stay with us - us as spirit - forever.

Yes our spirit form is freed from the shackles, the constraints, of the physical form, yes we are freed to express ourselves in ways long 'forgotten' since the last time before we entered into our bodies. But we take with us all our personality, whether that be the personality components known to others in the body or those which are known to those in the spirit.

All those components make up us, are us....
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn on Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:10 pm

skye, maybe i didn't explain myself well, as i agree with what you wrote above, all i meant, that the privet personality that we have in a life time do not pass with the spirit once spirit pass on. that is all, yes spirit takes with it all that it learnt and didn't learnt. but the specific shayn, will not continue living, only the spirit will. the spirit time as shayn will end with the death of the body, but not what the spirit learnt. Did i explain it better?

skye

Female

Post  skye on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:00 am

Hi shayn,
    i'm sorry, but i'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say. Unless you are referring to the soul? For instance; when you shayn pass to the spirit world, the specific shayn - the soul part of you - returns and rejoin it's own soul. But the spirit - consciousness and personality - of shayn continues to progress, grow and evolve and may even decide to communicate to family and friends on the earth plane.
    Is this what you are meaning, shayn?
    shayn

Female

Post  shayn on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:30 am

ok skyp
    now i understand you. for myself i don't believe in  separation between soul and spirit but i know many do. 
    thanks
    s

skye

Female

Post  skye on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Sorry shayn i'm still at a loss as to understand what you were trying to say. I was referring to soul and spirit separately just to make a point to see if I understood.
    Back to your comment on spirits losing their personality or any aspect of it, I don't see how this could be possible. Probably because it's something that i've never come across before.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:07 am