Freewill vs. God's Will

innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Freewill vs. God's Will

Post  innerlight on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:10 am

This is something that has been discussed many of times, but has never reached an answer of everyone agreeing.
    Do Angels have free will or do they only have God's Will?
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3369
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Re: Freewill vs. God's Will

Post  1antique on Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:08 am

In my opinion....

If we look at it like this, it may be a little bit easier to understand: There is a job to be done. Spirit passes the word down of what the outcome of a situation needs to be. From there, 'angels' and 'guides' decide what is the best way to accomplish this task. In this way, they are following Spirit's wishes, but, at the same time, using their own free will to as to how to accomplish this task.

It is like being told you have to go across the country by a certain date, but having the ability to decide the method of doing it. You are using your own free will to decide how to accomplish the task given.

Just my opinion.....
    mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:25 am

I dont believe in god so it has to be the former in my opinion.
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn on Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:13 am

hi Innerlight.
    if to follow the "religious" ideas on the topic, then angels has no free will at all, the only tools in the hands of God. still if you read the "stories" about angles, some of then do have a mind of their own if you see what i mean. so maybe it is more like what 1A says, somewhere in between.  like us, we have a free will but i believe up to a point, and i guess so is everyone else within this universe besides the ONE.
    what do you think?
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:38 pm

shayn wrote:hi Innerlight.
    if to follow the "religious" ideas on the topic, then angels has no free will at all, the only tools in the hands of God. still if you read the "stories" about angles, some of then do have a mind of their own if you see what i mean. so maybe it is more like what 1A says, somewhere in between. like us, we have a free will but i believe up to a point, and i guess so is everyone else within this universe besides the ONE.
    what do you think?
    Well if they don't have freewill, or that they can't disobey God's will/source/ whatever you want to call it. It would certainly put a different light on the notion of so called "Fallen Angels."
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:40 pm

1antique wrote:In my opinion....

If we look at it like this, it may be a little bit easier to understand: There is a job to be done. Spirit passes the word down of what the outcome of a situation needs to be. From there, 'angels' and 'guides' decide what is the best way to accomplish this task. In this way, they are following Spirit's wishes, but, at the same time, using their own free will to as to how to accomplish this task.

It is like being told you have to go across the country by a certain date, but having the ability to decide the method of doing it. You are using your own free will to decide how to accomplish the task given.

Just my opinion.....

So you're saying it's kind of both, but the second one is still prominent. They can give us their message anyway they choose to. That is receptive to us. Yet they must give it to us. They can't go against the directive. So if God or source wants us to know this and sends his messengers. They must give it to us, and can not give it to us. How they give it to us is up to them.
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:41 pm

mia wrote:
    I dont believe in god so it has to be the former in my opinion.

The term God is just a label to help understand things. We can call it creator, source, counsciousness, divineness, isness, allness, whatever we want to call it to mean the same thing.
    Unless you are saying you don't beleive in any of that. Which is fine, it is your belief. What then do you belief in?
    mia

Female

Post  mia on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:54 pm

What then do you belief in?
    I dont know.
    I know its not god, creator, father, great spirit etc.
    When we open our circle, I never know who to call on or pray to so I dont.
    I just say please and thanjyou.
    Never give names or titles.
    Universal energy is all I can say I truly believe in.
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:02 pm

mia wrote:
    What then do you belief in?
    I dont know.
    I know its not god, creator, father, great spirit etc.
    When we open our circle, I never know who to call on or pray to so I dont.
    I just say please and thanjyou.
    Never give names or titles.
    Universal energy is all I can say I truly believe in.

Would that not be another name for the same?
    mia

Female

Post  mia on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:05 pm

If you mean universal energy could be called god, yes it could be.
    But I was taught that god is a person/being living in heaven, so I cannot call universal energy god cos to met isnt.
    Now I do believe in angels, Jesus, Mary etc.
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:23 pm

I'd say they have free will because to say they act on god's will suggests they are obligated to do god's bidding and I don't believe any being, spiritual or earthly is god's 'puppet' or 'belonging'.

Like mia I don't believe god is a person.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    TheSpiritualSpiral
    Just joined

Female
    Number of posts : 8
    Job/hobbies : Blogging, Writing, and Reading~
    Registration date : 2010-04-20

Post  TheSpiritualSpiral on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:34 pm

In my personal experience with Guardian Angels, I believe that the higher being (whether you want to call it god, universal energy, or anything else) it is working under lays out a goal, a set of basic rules, and allows the Angel or Spirit to do the rest on their own. So in a way, they are free to do whatever they believe is right to do for the situation. If you look at the usual description of an angel, you'll find that the angel is a being of pure good, and hence would have no desire to do anything against the rules the God or Higher Being laid out, and so would pretty much have control over the situation.

So personally I believe that Angels do in fact have free will.

--Peace!
    --Gemma
    Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn on Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Hello

I bump an older thread as it goes to a train of thought I was deep into last night in a dream. A friend and I were talking on free will and the word of God being firm and final.

Growing up in the Church lessons I was lead to beleive that Angels did nothing without the OK of God. That it was all by God's hand. When I was 13 and I turned from that path of Church ( in going ) to the path of Satan I came to understand and question so much of it all. Satan turned from the hand of God, and was deamed a "Fallen Angel" but I always felt he just showed his FREE WILL and said hang this I follow me own path. Too many other angels did follow him. Is this not showing FREE will with Angels ?

I go to Psalm 103:20-21
    20 Praise the LORD, you his angels,
    you mighty ones who do his bidding,
    who obey his word.
    21 Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts,
    you his servants who do his will

Here it talks on doing his "bidding" now in that one had the free will to MOVE past this place. Sevents do at times rebel.

jude 1:6

6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

Here it talks of Angels that did not keep their place, so there was free will was there not that they choose a differnt path ?

Lynn

innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:33 pm

Hi Lynn,

Hope you were well.. Well it is true that the bible does state that Angels have fallen, and thus had their own freewill. Is there any reference to such things without using Bible Quotes? Though, I do believe the books of Enoch were about Fallen Angels.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:59 pm

the word of God being firm and final.
    Hi Lynn and everyone, i've been thinking about the above line for several minutes now and I can't acept that god has any firm and final word, if god did surely he would put his foot down about all the atrocities going on in the world, never mind unruly angels, I think every being has free will, angels too.

Lynn

Female
    Number of posts : 1467
    Job/hobbies : Retired - Interests Metaphysics
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lynn on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:52 pm

innerlight wrote:Hi Lynn,

Hope you were well.. Well it is true that the bible does state that Angels have fallen, and thus had their own freewill. Is there any reference to such things without using Bible Quotes? Though, I do believe the books of Enoch were about Fallen Angels.

Hello

Leave this sit with me....I have a LIBRARY at me finger tips and many a GOOD book on Angels in it.

Lynn

Naiwen

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  Naiwen on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:37 am

my opinion is that they act upon god's will. if they try to rebel, they'd get punished and clamped down on hard, I read a manga once about it, but yeah, manga aren't necessarily the greatest sources for that kinda information.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:18 pm

That's all any of us can give Naiwen, an opinion, I think it all depends on what we each believe about god, and how god works, always interesting debating such things though.

Karin

Female
    Number of posts : 392
    Registration date : 2011-06-28

Post  Karin on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:47 pm

innerlight wrote:This is something that has been discussed many of times, but has never reached an answer of everyone agreeing.

How about "God's will is and let free. So free, that angels (and other beings) are able to have their own will."...?

Karin, a little poetic this evening
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:48 pm