Bardo Thodol

Pangaea
    Just joined

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2010-02-17

Bardo Thodol

Post  Pangaea on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:08 am

there is something wrong with the formatting button on the forum :/
    i wrote some text on the bardo, hit the last button (a/A) a box came up, couldn't get rid of it and i coulnt type in the post box.. i typed a "." in the (a/A) box and pressed ok or whatever the button to go on was.. it refreshed the page with a blank post.. i tried going back a few pages but the text didn't seem to save into the cache... and I certainly didn't copy the text into my clipboard, as I had no idea my text would be deleted :/ anyone got any ideas?

well to cut a it short it was a brief description on the bardo and a link to an excellent docu, .. too tired to retype the text here the video

To watch in fullscreen goto the original link and press the fullscreen button
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3219838328703873592&hl=en#

hope u enjoy

Last edited by Pangaea on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24346
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Re: Bardo Thodol

Post  Violet on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi Pangaea, I'll do my best to find out for you, apologies for that. :flo:

If making a long post people tend to highlight it, right click the mouse and copy just in case it doesn't happen often losing a post but it's frustrating when you do.

What were you trying to do with the text you lost I might be able to help you.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Pangaea
    Just joined

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2010-02-17

Post  Pangaea on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:10 pm

hi there Violet
    it was probably myself... I must have messed up somwhere along the the line.
    I think initialy i was trying to embed the video onto the page by clicking the "video" icon, then google video.. I clicked Google Video but as far as I recall nothing seemed to happen.. I then decided to just paste the link, so could not see an option to "cancel" the Google Video Embed. I could not at that point copy the text I had typed as the java script window containing the opions to choose what video format was "ghosting out" the main post area. I didnt want to press the back button on my browser for this reason and loose the text, so I think i clicked the "a/A" icon to see if that got me out of the video window popup thing. However at some point while in the "a/A" thing, the page was refreshed, and I lost the text. Usually when this happens the text is still in my browsers cache, but on this occasion no amount of pressing the "back button" on my browser presented me with the text I had already written.. heh .. I dunno

It dosent matter anyway as the documentary itself explains it all. what I originally wrote was mearly a brief description of what the Bardo is all about, I thought you folks may find it of relevent interest in regards to the "is there life after death" question.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:36 pm