Squatchit

Female
    Number of posts : 95
    Job/hobbies : Wasting time
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

A Mouse

Post  Squatchit on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:51 pm

Hello everyone

This evening as we sat in the lounge, my Man spotted out of the corner of his eye a mouse scurry from the bookcase to the corner of the room. There is a *roughly constructed* woodpile there for the fire.

Delighted at first. Then we vowed to make sure we didn't leave food lying around at night. Then remembered to securely close all our packets/boxes. Oh my. Then I did a little internet searching - I wish I hadn't...

There is no such thing as having *a mouse* in the house. It is mice. And they breed like...well...mice. The more I read, the more disheartened I got.

I have decided to have a little chat with Mouse tomorrow. I've done it with King Mole before - that worked for a while. Actually, the chat is based on something I read in the Findhorn book. I'm going to let Mouse & Co know that they are more than welcome to use the house as a run-through, but please don't breed in it, or use it as a permanent home. I'm happy to share the house with Mouse (ha) but I don't want to have to do something about them if it gets too much.

Anyway, this post is just to see if anyone else has had mice and what you've done about it. I might need a Plan B if Mouse chooses to ignore me, or feels he was here before me (as he may well have been) and tell me to get knotted.

Thanking you kindly.

Love Squatch
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24346
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Re: A Mouse

Post  Violet on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:17 pm

Well you can try sweet talking them out but, but in my experience it takes a few heavy hints about an interest in a cat to get the point accross (got visions of mice packing their cases)

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    neptune13

Female
    Number of posts : 108

Post  neptune13 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:10 am

My cat "Oyster" has sent many a "Rodent" packing their bags...
    ...but...she has also bought them in for a shared meal yuk!!!...

Hello "Squatchit"

I remember reading somewhere in the "Findhorn Garden" book I owned many years ago, the community asking certain plants/.weeds or perhaps it was even certain rodents, not to grow or breed or invade a particular area...

I must find that book...
    It opened my eyes to the 'World of Nature Spirits, Deva's,Elementals and the Very Deep and Forboding Pan"...

Actually you have given this little mouse and its abundant family a personality and maybe this is how you can connect to their little energies...
    Ask them to leave and maybe show them a place that they can live...

I think this is what they did when I read "Findhorn Garden"...

Let them know that a "Cat is your only other option" or maybe even some nasty chemical...

neptune13...
    Squatchit

Female
    Number of posts : 95
    Job/hobbies : Wasting time

Post  Squatchit on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:18 am

Hiya Violet and neptune

Aha - I like the threat of a cat. Just hope they listen and scarper.

My first thought was a cat...but I do love the garden to be predator-free as I enjoy such a wide variety of visiting birds.

neptune - In the Findhorn book, they talked to the plants constantly. It makes sense really to warn a plant you are about to prune it and not kill it. I talk to plants regularly...and so does Prince Charles so that makes me sane...or us both insane.

But there was a story where they were troubled by moles. One of them did a meditation and called upon Head Mole (or King Mole) and kindly asked if they would move away from the vegetable patches. She explained that there was a big area of land to one side that would be ideal for the moles. IIRC, the moles obliged. It may have taken two sittings, but they moved.

Love Squatch

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:59 pm