PhotobucketWelcome to the new home of Spiritual Inspiration & The Healing Forum! Photobucket
PhotobucketRegister now for full access to our forum and chatroom!Photobucket
PhotobucketSpiritual Inspiration...The forum for seekers everywhere...Photobucket
PhotobucketOur chatroom is located at the foot of our homepage!Photobucket

Ahoi all...

KapitanPrien

Male
    Number of posts : 274
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Ahoi all...

Post  KapitanPrien on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well I have to thank Gypsy_Girl for sending me the email regarding what's up on SF - which is how I came here. I was devistated when SF went down - as I was there for nearly a year and felt that my social life just got shot... :rage:

About me: I will be turning physically 30 this year. I had a soul exchange in my early-mid 20s and I never knew such a thing existed so it was a big thing for me to try to learn and understand it all.

I had only lived once before and I do not conform to the stereotype of those who have undergone this experience.

I had served in the Handelsmarine/German Merchant Marine during the 1920s and early 30s, and then had joined the German Navy in 1933. I had served some time on the surface fleet and then transferred to the U-Boat arm in 1935. I fought in WWII and died in 1941 from causes yet unknown.

My hobbies include: tea (I drink only herbal teas and rooibos, but I love to go to tea tastings), Art Nouveau, Art Deco, I do vintage/retro living 1930s -40s and attend WWII events. I do have antiques - as that's pretty much a part of retro/vintage living, and I love antique shopping. I'm also into natural healing and living - but am an omnivore.

I do not work as I have CFS with muscle fatigue so I try to enjoy my life the best way I can through my hobbies.

:peace:

Re: Ahoi all...

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:11 pm

KapitanPrien wrote:...I just hope I don't have to pay rent on it. I'm already paying on my own apt.

...well, I just couldn't resist the joke. I'm like that...what can I say. It's the only thing that's helped me survive and go through what I go through... :awed:

LOL!!

And boy, can I relate to the latter part of this post!

KapitanPrien

Male

Post  KapitanPrien on Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:53 pm

:grins:

None of this is directed against Violet's forum - it's poking fun at the situation itself...many people misinterpret my humor, so I thought I'd just say that...

As for the folks that brought down SF - :rant: ...and that's all I have to say to them. :grins:
    innerlight
    Elite
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  innerlight on Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:11 pm

KapitanPrien wrote:Hello Kaere and Earth Mamma.

I don't know about camping...I feel like I'm in some FEMA trailer.

If SF ever gets back together - can we have a list/post/thread where members can add their emails in case something like this big wahoo happens again?

The only problem with that is that it leaves people's emails open to the public, and allows nasty members, or spammers to get a hold of them, and send you email's that you don't want. As well as it allows in some rare cases cyber stalking.

KapitanPrien

Male

Post  KapitanPrien on Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:49 pm

That's why there should be a way to compile the list but not have it in public - perhaps a post to let people PM an administrator to gather the list - so that way it stays out of public sight.

Kaere

Female
    Number of posts : 2719
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post  Kaere on Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:58 pm

Well admins do have access to people's registration emails to make a list, if there is enough time to do so. But what happens when Joe Blow and Suzy Q are both on the list of three hundred people, but Suzy Q doesn't want Joe Blow to have her email address? Who's responsibility is it to edit and personalize each list?
    Nah, really it's up to the individual member to have emails for the correspondents they want to stay in touch with. At least imo.

KapitanPrien

Male

Post  KapitanPrien on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:08 pm

Oh ok. My only other thought would be something like Facebook - which would probably be more secure too.

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:46 pm

KapitanPrien wrote::grins:

None of this is directed against Violet's forum - it's poking fun at the situation itself...many people misinterpret my humor, so I thought I'd just say that...

As for the folks that brought down SF - :rant: ...and that's all I have to say to them. :grins:

Of course, Kappy.. I think we all know that (and appreciate your humor)...

Umm.. but having felt misunderstood the majority of my life I can certainly appreciate why you'd take the extra step and put that out there!

Re: the crash.. How do I put this.. Was it an 'attack' of some sort??
    Violet
    Admin
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24254
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:48 pm

KapitanPrien wrote:That's why there should be a way to compile the list but not have it in public - perhaps a post to let people PM an administrator to gather the list - so that way it stays out of public sight.

What we could do is both myself and innerlight could make a list each and store them in a seperate document on our computers or even put them on a flashpen to be safely locked away.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Violet
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:48 pm

Lovinthejourney wrote:A FEMA trailer? LOL!!!!!!! Yep, that's what it feels like!

what's one of those

nova_spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 95

Post  nova_spirit on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:51 pm

Disaster relief shelter :)
    Violet
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:51 pm

Ah thanks nova_spirit

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:59 pm

Violet wrote:
    KapitanPrien wrote:That's why there should be a way to compile the list but not have it in public - perhaps a post to let people PM an administrator to gather the list - so that way it stays out of public sight.

What we could do is both myself and innerlight could make a list each and store them in a seperate document on our computers or even put them on a flashpen to be safely locked away.

That's a great idea, Violet!

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:04 pm

innerlight wrote:
    KapitanPrien wrote:Hello Kaere and Earth Mamma.

I don't know about camping...I feel like I'm in some FEMA trailer.

If SF ever gets back together - can we have a list/post/thread where members can add their emails in case something like this big wahoo happens again?

The only problem with that is that it leaves people's emails open to the public, and allows nasty members, or spammers to get a hold of them, and send you email's that you don't want. As well as it allows in some rare cases cyber stalking.

Oh yeah.. don't you know it... Heaven KNOWS we can all do without that stuff!
    innerlight
    Elite
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:05 pm

KapitanPrien wrote:Oh ok. My only other thought would be something like Facebook - which would probably be more secure too.

The problem with facebook is that not everyone has one. It also is an intimate place. As it allows for personal information to be shared amongst people. Many are not that comfortable sharing personal details, and photo's with others.

The other problem with mass emailing is that it would mass email banned members that caused problems with the forum.
    innerlight
    Elite
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:07 pm

EarthMamma wrote:
    Re: the crash.. How do I put this.. Was it an 'attack' of some sort??[/font]

No, not in this case was it an attack. Had it been an attack the forum would still be present, but would be unsavory for people.

This time it looks like a billing problem, or could be something with the hosting.

On rare occasions, Violet can vouch for this, web hosts just up and leave. Causing all their web sites to crumble.
    Violet
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:08 pm

Not if you select usergroups to mass email, no need to touch banned users

Violet
    Admin
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:12 pm

innerlight wrote:
    EarthMamma wrote:
    Re: the crash.. How do I put this.. Was it an 'attack' of some sort??[/font]

No, not in this case was it an attack. Had it been an attack the forum would still be present, but would be unsavory for people.

This time it looks like a billing problem, or could be something with the hosting.

On rare occasions, Violet can vouch for this, web hosts just up and leave. Causing all their web sites to crumble.

Yes that happened to me that's why at the top it says 'the new home of Spiritual Inspiration and the Healing forum' because this was once two seperate forums, I merged them into one here when the hosts went down. The hosts later revived themselves but by then I'd deleted both because of spammers. Nothing to do with our hosts now, these are the best i've ever used.

KapitanPrien

Male

Post  KapitanPrien on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:25 pm

That's a shame if the host just up and left and didn't give anyone a notification...that's just very bad business manners.

Man... :rant:
    spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 238
    Job/hobbies : reiki master and teacher
    Registration date : 2009-06-16

Post  spirit on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:37 am

I also suffer with CFS and Fibromyalgia so I know what you mean about enjoyinh what you can and when you can
    blessed be

KapitanPrien

Male

Post  KapitanPrien on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Hello Spirit,

I used to have the FM but happily managed to give that a swift kick in the bum. :grins:

I just deal with the CFS and muscle fatigue now. I learned that not everyone who has CFS has muscle fatigue as my one friend wound up with it due to mono. and I had asked her if she deals with any muscle fatigue and she said no.
    Squatchit

Female
    Number of posts : 95
    Job/hobbies : Wasting time

Post  Squatchit on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:27 pm

Hiya Kapitan

A bit of a delayed 'howdi' from me.

I've been wandering around this new place - there's lots to explore!

Love Squatch

KapitanPrien

Male

Post  KapitanPrien on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:47 pm

Hey-ya.

Me too - pretty comprehensive forum...methinks.
    IsleWalker

Female
    Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2010-01-25

Post  IsleWalker on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:10 pm

Kaere wrote:Well admins do have access to people's registration emails to make a list, if there is enough time to do so. But what happens when Joe Blow and Suzy Q are both on the list of three hundred people, but Suzy Q doesn't want Joe Blow to have her email address? Who's responsibility is it to edit and personalize each list?
    Nah, really it's up to the individual member to have emails for the correspondents they want to stay in touch with. At least imo.

Which is why admins should back up daily the emails of all members, so an email (blind copy) can be sent to each member (not showing other emails). It is what admins do, IMO--in exactly situations like this. It's like keeping your phone numbers when your Blackberry dies.

IsleWalker - Lora
    Deepwaters

Female
    Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2010-01-28

Post  Deepwaters on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:49 pm

Ahoy there, Kapitan!

KapitanPrien

Male