why do

shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

why do

Post  shayn on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:03 pm

why do we need a book of shadows? if one wants to practice wicca and magick?
    Carolyn

Female
    Number of posts : 541
    Job/hobbies : Writing, singing, and not wasting a moment of every day I wake up.
    Registration date : 2009-09-01

Re: why do

Post  Carolyn on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:32 am

it was convient for me to have all my notes for spells and casting various rituals in one easy to grab place. a small diary worked for me. i had 3, kept together by rubber bands lol.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

Post  Soaring Bird on Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi Shayn,
    As Czardoust says, it is handy to have all your spells, chants, rituals etc on hand in one book. For example if you are looking for a spell to bring good fortune to someone and at the same time ward off some negative energy being deliberately directed at them, but at no harm to others. Well. there are so many different aspects to look into; which language for the spell, what colour of paper, what candles to burn, which spell to use, which type of deflection to use, what type of Ritual to use etc and thats before you even start thinking of using crystals for any purpose of which there are so many.
    Thus if you have your Book Of Shadows with previously used spells and equipment etc, you can use or utulise them for the purpose at hand.
    But above all else there is no point using all the above unless you absolutely believe, and can see the spell already happened before you do it. As this is the main ingredient which for me allows the energies to be channeled for a succesful purpose.
    Wicca, is a very open belief system with so many different ways to use it. Someone out there would probably use a totally different style and yet still be Wiccan, so the above is only my adaptation of spellcasting with Wicca.
    Hope this has helped a bit.
    Big Hugs x
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  shayn on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:07 am

thank you all for your answers
    S

Sponsored content