Tree Spirits

Raven

Female
    Number of posts : 72
    Job/hobbies : Writing
    Registration date : 2009-05-18

Tree Spirits

Post  Raven on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:07 am

I hope I'm in the right place to post this....

Does anyone believe in Tree Spirits at all?

I'm a tree lover. I talk to them all the time. I get really angry and upset if someone hurts any trees. I have a tendency to photograph trees, paint trees, and just surround myself with tree things.

So I came across this book online while I was looking for something completely different and it was about Tree Spirits. I completely forgot what I was looking for after that lol.

I'm not looking into them and was just wandering what anyone would know on them or could perhaps point me in the right direction to understand them better?
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Re: Tree Spirits

Post  Violet on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:16 am

I like trees too and I found a book you may be interested in looking up, i'll go find the thread and come back in here in a minute.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:19 am

This is what I wrote: It's about trees, and details several and gives their healing properties etc, it's a bit like the crystal bible but for trees.
    I'll have to find the book to give you the title and isbn number, i'll try and post that for you tomorrow, you may find it useful.

Raven

Female

Post  Raven on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:31 am

Ooo that book sounds interesting! Especially when you say it's like the crystal bible, but for trees. I have a copy of the crystal bible. Really good, handy little book that. Books on Tree Spirits was going to be my next topic

Thanks Violet
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:19 am

I'll post this as soon as I remember where I put the book

Raven

Female

Post  Raven on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:16 am

It's ok Violet. Take your time. I know what it's like when you misplace a book, especially if you've got a lot of them like I do. Can take awhile to find.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:03 pm

Hi Raven, I found it, it's called The Living Wisdom of Trees it's by Fred Hageneder
    here is a link: http://www.nhbs.com/title.php?tefno=141790
    it says the book is out of print but it is available online, he has done other books too on trees

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Raven

Female

Post  Raven on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Fantastic, thanks for going to all that trouble Violet. I really appreciate it.

I'd love to know more Zach because I'm trying to learn what I can about them even if it's through other's experiences (the best way to learn sometimes). What was it that set you on the course to learn that or to communicate with them?
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:11 pm

You're welcome Raven, that sounds very interesting zach :flo:

Raven

Female

Post  Raven on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:06 am

Thanks for sharing that Zach. I'll check it out.
    Lovinthejourney

Female
    Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Post  Lovinthejourney on Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:04 pm

When on a retreat in nature where I was surrounded by mountains, trees, and lakes/streams, I decided to do a ritual to connect with the spirits of nature around me. What I connected with was the spirit of the trees nearby and the spirit of one of the mountains. I discovered that each individual tree has its own spirit energy but also that a grouping of trees that are connected in some way (roots I imagine--or maybe just close proximity) have a sort of "oversoul" spirit that is the spirit of that group of trees. I also discovered that the collective consciousness of those trees around me turned to honor the rising of the full moon. I found the tree and mountain spirits to be free of the annoying traits that bind us humans (ego, impatience, anger, etc). I found them to be very playful, joyful, powerful, wise, and connected to eachother.

If you wish to connect with the spirit of the trees around you, just go outside in a quiet place where you can be alone. Make a sacred circle. I lit some candles for "mood". I also did it during a full moon. I simply asked (in a very humble manner) if I could be connected. My power animal selected the nature spirits to connect me with. I felt them and I talked to them. It was an amazing experience.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:51 am