Violence

Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24343
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Violence

Post  Violet on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:20 pm

What do you think creates a violent streak in humans?

I don't believe it is always down to being brought up in violent circumstances, as people who were angels as children and those who had excellent upbringings can still be violent. Do you think spoiling children can make them violent as I see many kids around town stamping their feet and even hitting or kicking their parents when they can't get their own way, of course parents are no longer allowed to correct this behaviour so where will it end?

Don't kids seem so angry these days?

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    innerlight
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3807
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Re: Violence

Post  innerlight on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:37 pm

a lack of love for others creates violence.. or, I should say, allows violence to exist.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:44 am

Do you think violent films and games have an effect on whether someone is violent or not?

innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:31 am

Violet wrote:Do you think violent films and games have an effect on whether someone is violent or not?

Will they create violence? That is an argument that has been fought for many years. They may, however, teach you a few choice words that you may of otherwise never heard before. It could be very possible that a person could learn a new thing or two from the movie.... But violence has always been in TV. Look at the cartoons from where you parents were a kid. Tom and Jerry, Popeye were very violent cartoons.

Most of these kids have learned the violence. Yea, you may have taught your kids everything, and they were perfect angels at your house. However, you can't monitor what they see at someone else house. Children also like to mimic what they see adults do. As adults are role models to them. I was with my 3 year old niece yesterday and she want me to spin her around, and I told her if I did that I would throw up all over the place.. Naturally she said she would do that as well.

Kids are more misbehaved because they are not, as you already said, allowed to be "disciplined" so there is not much of a repercussion. If I had a choice of doing whatever I wanted to, or get a talking from my parents. I'd probably do whatever I wanted to as well.
    kazandlee

Male
    Number of posts : 150
    Job/hobbies : Paranormal, Manager
    Registration date : 2009-10-24

Violence

Post  kazandlee on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:50 am

I was brought up on a very rough Estate, i went to a rough School, i hung around with rough people, my point is, i believe i turned out to be a respectful Human Being, i have never taken drugs, never Smoked, never stolen anything, ok so we all have our fair share of fight as kids.

My parents always brought me up with respect for others, for property, and the want to have something better in life than my parents had.

So it annoys me when people blame the parents, blame there surroundings and blame every other reason, how about, lets just blame the Person themselves, they are the only ones that are responsible for there actions at that tme.

Just my two penneth worth.

Lee.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:57 am

Very true, no matter how bad your background, it is entirely up to you when you reach adulthood whether you choose to be a decent person or not. To blame a bad childhood is a cop out imo.

Your parents sound great and that method of parenting is exactly what is lacking these days.

kazandlee

Male

Wow

Post  kazandlee on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:22 pm

Toatly off topic here, i just read your reply, and i thoght i was having another episode, i thought i could see white things floating around the screen, wow call 999, lol

Lee.
    innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Violet wrote:Very true, no matter how bad your background, it is entirely up to you when you reach adulthood whether you choose to be a decent person or not. To blame a bad childhood is a cop out imo.

Your parents sound great and that method of parenting is exactly what is lacking these days.

Yes, as adults we always have the options to make all our choices ourselves. And we must admit our own mistakes, and faults, and not blame others. Children, and young adults can be easily influenced.

You can take three people from the same house hold, and they could all be different. Two could be Angels, and one could be a little devil. All with the same parenting.

I still do not think it just happens, or that people just know how to do something. They learned it from someone else, or seen it, how to do things. People didn't just know what did what, and how to inflict the most amount of damage. They learned it from somewhere.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:45 pm

kazandlee wrote:Toatly off topic here, i just read your reply, and i thoght i was having another episode, i thought i could see white things floating around the screen, wow call 999, lol

Lee.

Lee that's what I was talking about in the Spot the difference...we have snow thread can let you know how to add it at your place if you like.

innerlight
    Elite

Male

Post  innerlight on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:54 pm

Violet wrote:

Lee that's what I was talking about in the Spot the difference...we have snow thread can let you know how to add it at your place if you like.

I guess he couldn't spot the difference.. :happy: :happy: :happy:
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:26 pm

Innerlight

kazandlee

Male

Doooh!

Post  kazandlee on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:24 pm

Violet wrote:
    kazandlee wrote:Toatly off topic here, i just read your reply, and i thoght i was having another episode, i thought i could see white things floating around the screen, wow call 999, lol

Lee.

Yep, now i get it, and i got it, snow i mean

Lee.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:18 pm

Glad you got sorted Lee.

mia

Female
    Number of posts : 1741
    Job/hobbies : Carer Support Worker
    Registration date : 2009-07-27

Post  mia on Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:35 am

I think those who do not love and respect themselves are prone to anger.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:20 pm

Or have respect for others, I think fear and hatred can create anger too.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:19 pm