A forum for seekers everywhere...


    Does Dying Hurt?

    Share
    avatar
    Violet
    Admin

    Female
    Number of posts : 24347
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

    Does Dying Hurt?

    Post  Violet on Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:31 pm

    First topic message reminder :

    I've heard that actual death is painless regardless of your physical condition, even if you are in great pain at the point of death the act of dying does not hurt. What are your thoughts on this?



    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

    skye
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-09-06

    Re: Does Dying Hurt?

    Post  skye on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:08 pm

    Spirit of Light wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:
    Knight of Albion wrote:'When I come to your world I am like a bird that is imprisoned within a cage and when I leave it I am like a bird joyfully released to wing its way through boundless space.
    What you call death is the opening of the cage and the release of the bird from its prison'

    - Silver Birch
    Silver Birch!    Apt description of freedom.

    I am not so sure, I studied Silver Birch in fact my mother linked in with him. I think that freedom can mean many things, a bird reared in captivity, in a beautiful cage with lots of room and toys and variety of foods is safer than out in the wild flying free, and knows no difference and may even fear being outside. It is all about experience, knowledge and upbringing. I am no NA so I do not find the teaching of SB that impressive, being a devout Christian I have different ideals, but I know many do follow him and it seems this forum does. But the sprituality of modern life means that a lot of those diatribes no longer have meaning. Moving with the times means that we learn differently and need to, to survive, rather then dwelling on what may have been wisdom but might have been faked.


    Silver Birch was not concerned with any religion in particular, whether they called themselves Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Spiritualists, call them what you will. He often spoke about service to others as being the only religion necessary to benefit all of humanity, both in this life and the afterlife, not just a select few people as in several orthodox religions. Silver Birch's well known words are common sense teachings to many people around the globe. They are as relevant and as spiritual today as they were when they were first written. All forms of earthly religion are after all, man made and full of nothing but doctrine and dogma to control their people.  

    I would say you haven't at all studied Silver Birch or read any of his teachings to associate so flippantly his words to that of diatribes.  Yet as you say you do not find his work impressive, then you are not ready and may never be ready to read his words of wisdom seriously, but that is okay too. Silver Birch did say something on the lines of "If what I say offends you or goes against your sense of reason, then disregard it", as you appear to have clearly done.
    avatar
    Spirit of Light
    Member

    Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

    Re: Does Dying Hurt?

    Post  Spirit of Light on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:47 pm

    SpiritVoices wrote:
    Spirit of Light wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:
    Knight of Albion wrote:'When I come to your world I am like a bird that is imprisoned within a cage and when I leave it I am like a bird joyfully released to wing its way through boundless space.
    What you call death is the opening of the cage and the release of the bird from its prison'

    - Silver Birch
    Silver Birch!    Apt description of freedom.

    I am not so sure, I studied Silver Birch in fact my mother linked in with him. I think that freedom can mean many things, a bird reared in captivity, in a beautiful cage with lots of room and toys and variety of foods is safer than out in the wild flying free, and knows no difference and may even fear being outside. It is all about experience, knowledge and upbringing. I am no NA so I do not find the teaching of SB that impressive, being a devout Christian I have different ideals, but I know many do follow him and it seems this forum does. But the sprituality of modern life means that a lot of those diatribes no longer have meaning. Moving with the times means that we learn differently and need to, to survive, rather then dwelling on what may have been wisdom but might have been faked.
    No one has ever linked in with Silver Birch except a medium of highest regard.
    Silver Birch stated that he would never have contact with any other medium and never has!

    And who said that? Barbanell, the medium that wanted the prestige of being the only one? It's like a dog in a manger! There is linking in then there is the trance work, two different things.

    Nice to see the politeness and friendliness at work.

    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 2025
    Age : 20
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: Does Dying Hurt?

    Post  Auras on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:21 pm

    Spirit of Light wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:
    Spirit of Light wrote:
    SpiritVoices wrote:
    Knight of Albion wrote:'When I come to your world I am like a bird that is imprisoned within a cage and when I leave it I am like a bird joyfully released to wing its way through boundless space.
    What you call death is the opening of the cage and the release of the bird from its prison'

    - Silver Birch
    Silver Birch!    Apt description of freedom.

    I am not so sure, I studied Silver Birch in fact my mother linked in with him. I think that freedom can mean many things, a bird reared in captivity, in a beautiful cage with lots of room and toys and variety of foods is safer than out in the wild flying free, and knows no difference and may even fear being outside. It is all about experience, knowledge and upbringing. I am no NA so I do not find the teaching of SB that impressive, being a devout Christian I have different ideals, but I know many do follow him and it seems this forum does. But the sprituality of modern life means that a lot of those diatribes no longer have meaning. Moving with the times means that we learn differently and need to, to survive, rather then dwelling on what may have been wisdom but might have been faked.
    No one has ever linked in with Silver Birch except a medium of highest regard.
    Silver Birch stated that he would never have contact with any other medium and never has!

    And who said that? Barbanell, the medium that wanted the prestige of being the only one? It's like a dog in a manger! There is linking in then there is the trance work, two different things.

    Nice to see the politeness and friendliness at work.
    If you obviously did not like his teachings you obviously don't know anything about him or what he said.
    avatar
    Spirit of Light
    Member

    Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2014-05-31

    Re: Does Dying Hurt?

    Post  Spirit of Light on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:55 pm

    Auras wrote:If you obviously did not like his teachings you obviously don't know anything about him or what he said.

    Why would you say that? What do you know about me or what I know or have done? Are you saying that just because some dead Native American guy chose to talk through some alive guy about a Great Spirit I should have to like what he says? How much further from agnostic Christianity can you get?

    Love is a mighty force in the universe. It is love that is expressed by all the advanced beings in our world whose only desire is to serve. Greed must be replaced by love because love is an expression of the spirit, love has many aspects, compassion, service, friendship, cooperation - but not respect?

    Auras
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 2025
    Age : 20
    Location : United Kingdom, Liverpool.
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

    Re: Does Dying Hurt?

    Post  Auras on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:03 pm

    Spirit of Light wrote:
    Auras wrote:If you obviously did not like his teachings you obviously don't know anything about him or what he said.

    Why would you say that? What do you know about me or what I know or have done? Are you saying that just because some dead Native American guy chose to talk through some alive guy about a Great Spirit I should have to like what he says? How much further from agnostic Christianity can you get?

    Love is a mighty force in the universe. It is love that is expressed by all the advanced beings in our world whose only desire is to serve. Greed must be replaced by love because love is an expression of the spirit, love has many aspects, compassion, service, friendship, cooperation - but not respect?
    Silver Birch, In my opinion is the reason why there are so many Mediums today. if your refer him as a dead Native American guy then you have no respect at all for what he has done for the world. I am not going to carry on, Because It is annoying me now. I did not like silver birch but then I stumbled across his quotes and his books which made a different.
    avatar
    SpiritVoices
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 13312
    Location : UK
    Job/hobbies : Retired
    Registration date : 2010-12-17

    Re: Does Dying Hurt?

    Post  SpiritVoices on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:31 pm

    We were interested in the part of your post that your mother had links with him.

    I don't think so.....How did she link with SB?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Does Dying Hurt?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:53 am