A forum for seekers everywhere...


    Gem is here

    Share
    avatar
    Gemmy
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Age : 50
    Location : Sydney
    Job/hobbies : Weightlifting
    Registration date : 2017-10-29

    Gem is here

    Post  Gemmy on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:34 am

    First topic message reminder :

    My name, 'Gem', is taken from the Buddhist 'triple gem' (or the 'three jewels') to reflect my experience in the Buddhist meditation known as 'Vipassana', or 'insight meditation', or 'mindfulness' as it is now commonly known. My one wish is for the happiness and liberation of all beings, so may you all be happy and free.

    Kind regards

    Gemmy
    avatar
    Gemmy
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Age : 50
    Location : Sydney
    Job/hobbies : Weightlifting
    Registration date : 2017-10-29

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  Gemmy on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:24 am

    One thing within my practice, or way of life, is to always know the motivation behind what I think, say and do - and regardless of what that motivation is, the ego is enlivened by it.  For what is motivation apart from some sort of desire, and what is desire but fuel for egocentricity, and what is egocentricity but reactionary concern for me, mine, my and I?  I find that in the moment my attention enters distraction, that ego resumes its position as 'me', and the only concern involving the ego is the belief that what is imagined as me in the mind is really me. 

    These motivations, to be higher by putting another beneath you, to win by defeating another, to protect oneself from pain by hurting someone else, and establishing ones own position by forcing others into validating roles - And how better to make others perform that function than eliciting their personal reactivity.  Egocentricity is completely reliant on creating situations where such reactivity can be sustained.  And what better way to do this than to create hurtful social environments?

    I can see the competition, and it is quite obvious what is going on.  I gather that from within the competition it isn't so obvious, it is all quite unclear and the intent preceding the words and actions is obscured.  People are distracted by the outcomes of the intent, caught in the reactivity and emotional excitement of it all, and the noise prevents them from seeing the real underlying wish - the truth of their motivation.

    It is understandable because we have all been wounded, and there are things in the past that have not come into full conscious awareness.  Each time they rear up a little, the same reaction is used to distract us from the discomfort of it.  There was a time when there was good reason to keep it in the dark, just to get through the day, but it then becomes habitual, the mind become automated, and we have to live under that conditioning.  It has happened to everyone, and that's really just a part of being human.

    But this is a spiritual space, so it is here where the spell can be broken, and that old stuff with all its reactivity can arise just as has in the past, but this time in self awareness so that it no longer compels us, rather than in distraction where it takes us unawares and causes mindless speech and action. 

    The awareness of mind is the truth of how things are. We know what we think. But we can be drawn to live after the fact in the realm of the dream man we believe to be 'myself'.  The one in the dream is affected by everything.  It creates the belief that all this is happening to 'me'.  So one should watch that pretender, because as soon as you are distracted from 'your presence', it will resume it's position as 'you'.  It can't take that position as the one who is consciously aware.
    avatar
    psychoslice
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1110
    Age : 61
    Location : Australia
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  psychoslice on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:11 am

    Gemmy wrote:One thing within my practice, or way of life, is to always know the motivation behind what I think, say and do - and regardless of what that motivation is, the ego is enlivened by it.  For what is motivation apart from some sort of desire, and what is desire but fuel for egocentricity, and what is egocentricity but reactionary concern for me, mine, my and I?  I find that in the moment my attention enters distraction, that ego resumes its position as 'me', and the only concern involving the ego is the belief that what is imagined as me in the mind is really me. 

    These motivations, to be higher by putting another beneath you, to win by defeating another, to protect oneself from pain by hurting someone else, and establishing ones own position by forcing others into validating roles - And how better to make others perform that function than eliciting their personal reactivity.  Egocentricity is completely reliant on creating situations where such reactivity can be sustained.  And what better way to do this than to create hurtful social environments?

    I can see the competition, and it is quite obvious what is going on.  I gather that from within the competition it isn't so obvious, it is all quite unclear and the intent preceding the words and actions is obscured.  People are distracted by the outcomes of the intent, caught in the reactivity and emotional excitement of it all, and the noise prevents them from seeing the real underlying wish - the truth of their motivation.

    It is understandable because we have all been wounded, and there are things in the past that have not come into full conscious awareness.  Each time they rear up a little, the same reaction is used to distract us from the discomfort of it.  There was a time when there was good reason to keep it in the dark, just to get through the day, but it then becomes habitual, the mind become automated, and we have to live under that conditioning.  It has happened to everyone, and that's really just a part of being human.

    But this is a spiritual space, so it is here where the spell can be broken, and that old stuff with all its reactivity can arise just as has in the past, but this time in self awareness so that it no longer compels us, rather than in distraction where it takes us unawares and causes mindless speech and action. 

    The awareness of mind is the truth of how things are. We know what we think. But we can be drawn to live after the fact in the realm of the dream man we believe to be 'myself'.  The one in the dream is affected by everything.  It creates the belief that all this is happening to 'me'.  So one should watch that pretender, because as soon as you are distracted from 'your presence', it will resume it's position as 'you'.  It can't take that position as the one who is consciously aware.
    Yes, very nicely said, I cannot add anything to that which you have shared, it does seem that when one is aware of who they truly are, it stirs something within those who don't or haven't experienced this well-being, I have shred my experience in Oneness  in many forums, and I always seem to attack those who want to belittle me and say, no, you haven't experienced anything, you are still your ego.

    I have never said directly that I myself is Enlightened, the experience of what we call Enlightenment is beyond the mind, beyond the ego, but experienced through the mind, so the claim of Enlightenment is not anything to do with the mind, and this sadly is not recognized by the one who is trying to bring one down to their level, which is silly because in truth there is only One level, Consciousness.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    avatar
    psychoslice
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1110
    Age : 61
    Location : Australia
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  psychoslice on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:05 am

    gigpdo wrote:
    Aetheria wrote:
    Aetheria wrote:
    gigpdo wrote:


    Then you don't know much or wear blinkers!
    I've been the butt of the acid lady's warped psyche since I got here,if you dont agree with her then you're wrong not her!

    And when I elevated plain old Psychoslice to "King" which is my right under the Monty Python sans Goodies constitution...it states that all gigpdo's with cats can elevate all "common" Psychoslice persons to "King"...and I claimed that right,he could of removed that title "King" at any time he liked,he chose not to!

    I know his sudden elevation shocked a lot of you,but hey,get a life will ya!

    And I don't point "fingers"
    You should scroll back to all acid lady's posts before you dare accuse me of anything,she's got a definite identity problem,but 132 LSD trips has a habit of frying a persons brain,try it and then come and talk to me,otherwise "get a life"...


    :soap: :cat:

    I've no reason to let whatever title that you've attached to "pyschoslice' as an excuse to cover the truth. Cause that's one thing you can't face. What your actions are showing by trying to switch the responsibility unto him. When it has nothing to do with pyschoslice. And that's why you get no where. So why don't you take your own advice.

    Now why would a normal person post the same post 3 times?
    That's anger lady,unresolved childhood defects showing through the pretty pictures you post?....this is the real me,look at my pretty avatar and pictures with quotes attached,always someone else's opinion,they call it "moon influence",get a life please and stay out of my business,if a meal I ate,Blueanchorand Mac can all attack one person (not me) and feel "sated" with their great work then I can step in and have KPB's back,and I do and will continue as they continue their troll like behavior,KPB does not need my help,he's a big boy,I help out when three weasels like you go on the attack.

    Go get a life!
    You need help,all 4 of you!


    :soap: :cat:
    Who is the four ?.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    avatar
    Blueanchor
    Member

    Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  Blueanchor on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:02 pm

    Gemmy wrote:One thing within my practice, or way of life, is to always know the motivation behind what I think, say and do - and regardless of what that motivation is, the ego is enlivened by it.  For what is motivation apart from some sort of desire, and what is desire but fuel for egocentricity, and what is egocentricity but reactionary concern for me, mine, my and I?  I find that in the moment my attention enters distraction, that ego resumes its position as 'me', and the only concern involving the ego is the belief that what is imagined as me in the mind is really me. 

    These motivations, to be higher by putting another beneath you, to win by defeating another, to protect oneself from pain by hurting someone else, and establishing ones own position by forcing others into validating roles - And how better to make others perform that function than eliciting their personal reactivity.  Egocentricity is completely reliant on creating situations where such reactivity can be sustained.  And what better way to do this than to create hurtful social environments?

    I can see the competition, and it is quite obvious what is going on.  I gather that from within the competition it isn't so obvious, it is all quite unclear and the intent preceding the words and actions is obscured.  People are distracted by the outcomes of the intent, caught in the reactivity and emotional excitement of it all, and the noise prevents them from seeing the real underlying wish - the truth of their motivation.

    It is understandable because we have all been wounded, and there are things in the past that have not come into full conscious awareness.  Each time they rear up a little, the same reaction is used to distract us from the discomfort of it.  There was a time when there was good reason to keep it in the dark, just to get through the day, but it then becomes habitual, the mind become automated, and we have to live under that conditioning.  It has happened to everyone, and that's really just a part of being human.

    But this is a spiritual space, so it is here where the spell can be broken, and that old stuff with all its reactivity can arise just as has in the past, but this time in self awareness so that it no longer compels us, rather than in distraction where it takes us unawares and causes mindless speech and action. 

    The awareness of mind is the truth of how things are. We know what we think. But we can be drawn to live after the fact in the realm of the dream man we believe to be 'myself'.  The one in the dream is affected by everything.  It creates the belief that all this is happening to 'me'.  So one should watch that pretender, because as soon as you are distracted from 'your presence', it will resume it's position as 'you'.  It can't take that position as the one who is consciously aware.
    I heard someone say once, fly high but land often. To my way of life, it is to experience the states I reach in quiet meditation, but also to live humanly. To be in an alternative state seems simple (and too often preferable - thats another thread)... but understanding humanity and the choices of how to respond to others - not inwardly, thats just keeping up self honesty in observation -  but how to respond in action is challenging. 

    Intention decides the role to be played out of many. The need for position limits the choices, but perhaps makes choice of ressponse easier . 

    To give myself a more comfortable ride with the boys, I should ofcourse position myself in agreement and overt recognition of your intelligence.  I actually dont understand exactly what your own meaning is in your wording.... so I just share thevway un which I relate to those words.
    avatar
    ameliorate
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 3220
    Age : 68
    Location : London, UK
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  ameliorate on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:53 pm

    Gemmy wrote:One thing within my practice, or way of life, is to always know the motivation behind what I think, say and do - and regardless of what that motivation is, the ego is enlivened by it.  For what is motivation apart from some sort of desire, and what is desire but fuel for egocentricity, and what is egocentricity but reactionary concern for me, mine, my and I?  I find that in the moment my attention enters distraction, that ego resumes its position as 'me', and the only concern involving the ego is the belief that what is imagined as me in the mind is really me. 

    These motivations, to be higher by putting another beneath you, to win by defeating another, to protect oneself from pain by hurting someone else, and establishing ones own position by forcing others into validating roles - And how better to make others perform that function than eliciting their personal reactivity.  Egocentricity is completely reliant on creating situations where such reactivity can be sustained.  And what better way to do this than to create hurtful social environments?

    I can see the competition, and it is quite obvious what is going on.  I gather that from within the competition it isn't so obvious, it is all quite unclear and the intent preceding the words and actions is obscured.  People are distracted by the outcomes of the intent, caught in the reactivity and emotional excitement of it all, and the noise prevents them from seeing the real underlying wish - the truth of their motivation.

    It is understandable because we have all been wounded, and there are things in the past that have not come into full conscious awareness.  Each time they rear up a little, the same reaction is used to distract us from the discomfort of it.  There was a time when there was good reason to keep it in the dark, just to get through the day, but it then becomes habitual, the mind become automated, and we have to live under that conditioning.  It has happened to everyone, and that's really just a part of being human.

    But this is a spiritual space, so it is here where the spell can be broken, and that old stuff with all its reactivity can arise just as has in the past, but this time in self awareness so that it no longer compels us, rather than in distraction where it takes us unawares and causes mindless speech and action. 

    The awareness of mind is the truth of how things are. We know what we think. But we can be drawn to live after the fact in the realm of the dream man we believe to be 'myself'.  The one in the dream is affected by everything.  It creates the belief that all this is happening to 'me'.  So one should watch that pretender, because as soon as you are distracted from 'your presence', it will resume it's position as 'you'.  It can't take that position as the one who is consciously aware.
    I grasp what you are saying about our reactions coming from ego and to try and break free of that.  This we all know we should do.  However, words are easy.  I wonder how you would fare if you were trolled, i.e. provocatively baited and ridiculed as I have been on this very thread.  I am just curious to learn how integrated you fare on this.

    Suffice to say that there are doubtless countless personal attacks on me on many threads here (by the same person) that I have not responded to.  I rose above!

    If your comments are also directed at gigpdo then they will fall on stony ground because he is not on the spiritual path, i.e. not into improving or learning.  I see him clearly and know that mindset all too well i.e. the motivation.
    avatar
    Gemmy
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Age : 50
    Location : Sydney
    Job/hobbies : Weightlifting
    Registration date : 2017-10-29

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  Gemmy on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:15 am

    Blueanchor wrote:
    Gemmy wrote:One thing within my practice, or way of life, is to always know the motivation behind what I think, say and do - and regardless of what that motivation is, the ego is enlivened by it.  For what is motivation apart from some sort of desire, and what is desire but fuel for egocentricity, and what is egocentricity but reactionary concern for me, mine, my and I?  I find that in the moment my attention enters distraction, that ego resumes its position as 'me', and the only concern involving the ego is the belief that what is imagined as me in the mind is really me. 

    These motivations, to be higher by putting another beneath you, to win by defeating another, to protect oneself from pain by hurting someone else, and establishing ones own position by forcing others into validating roles - And how better to make others perform that function than eliciting their personal reactivity.  Egocentricity is completely reliant on creating situations where such reactivity can be sustained.  And what better way to do this than to create hurtful social environments?

    I can see the competition, and it is quite obvious what is going on.  I gather that from within the competition it isn't so obvious, it is all quite unclear and the intent preceding the words and actions is obscured.  People are distracted by the outcomes of the intent, caught in the reactivity and emotional excitement of it all, and the noise prevents them from seeing the real underlying wish - the truth of their motivation.

    It is understandable because we have all been wounded, and there are things in the past that have not come into full conscious awareness.  Each time they rear up a little, the same reaction is used to distract us from the discomfort of it.  There was a time when there was good reason to keep it in the dark, just to get through the day, but it then becomes habitual, the mind become automated, and we have to live under that conditioning.  It has happened to everyone, and that's really just a part of being human.

    But this is a spiritual space, so it is here where the spell can be broken, and that old stuff with all its reactivity can arise just as has in the past, but this time in self awareness so that it no longer compels us, rather than in distraction where it takes us unawares and causes mindless speech and action. 

    The awareness of mind is the truth of how things are. We know what we think. But we can be drawn to live after the fact in the realm of the dream man we believe to be 'myself'.  The one in the dream is affected by everything.  It creates the belief that all this is happening to 'me'.  So one should watch that pretender, because as soon as you are distracted from 'your presence', it will resume it's position as 'you'.  It can't take that position as the one who is consciously aware.
    I heard someone say once, fly high but land often. To my way of life, it is to experience the states I reach in quiet meditation, but also to live humanly. To be in an alternative state seems simple (and too often preferable - thats another thread)... but understanding humanity and the choices of how to respond to others - not inwardly, thats just keeping up self honesty in observation -  but how to respond in action is challenging. 

    Intention decides the role to be played out of many. The need for position limits the choices, but perhaps makes choice of ressponse easier . 

    To give myself a more comfortable ride with the boys, I should ofcourse position myself in agreement and overt recognition of your intelligence.  I actually dont understand exactly what your own meaning is in your wording.... so I just share thevway un which I relate to those words.
    Yes, it's great to 'fly high', in that it's pleasurable, though the experience is in essence merely momentary, but the way we might cling to experiences, and the way we might want more and higher and higher, is a midguided desire based in the premise that more will make me happier.  In that all experienced things are temporal, they are all the same - unlasting.

    When we refer to states of mind, it really doesn't matter what state it is in, all that matters is the conscious awareness of 'this' state just as it is.  Most people come to spirituality because they want special spiritual states, and there are no shortage of teachers who cater to that demand - of course the advocacy of desire is popular because people hope to get what they want. The whole of capitalism is based on it, and in that sense, it is very successful.

    So in peoples everyday lives, there is pleasure and pain, so they begin to react strongly at a very early age, run from pain and chase after pleasure, but not in a practical sense of survival, but for the sake of self-satisfaction, so it is quite obvious that a sense of lack in that regard drives people.  The problem being, the dynamic tension between aversion to discomfort and desire for pleasure is dissatisfaction itself.  Therefore it is counterproductive to pursue 'highs' - or avoid discomforts - for the sake of self satisfaction.

    Since such an endeavour is futile, people realise there is no happiness in the acquirement of physical things, and things are only vehicals for pleasure, right?  So we reduce it all to the sensations, because an addict doesn't actually crave the heroin - they are strongly adverse to the withdrawl and strongly desire the sensation the hit brings to them.  This means people are only chasing after sensations, which we already know are unlasting, and hence can not bring satisfaction.

    Having found there is no happiness in this pursuit, people turn to the spiritual, hoping that that will give them a lasting pleasure that satisifies them somehow and they conjure images of heaven out of hope for the ultimate pleasure - like a reward for their own suffering.  They go well into the spiritual but with the same habitual mind caught between aversions and desires, and that mental energy brings about the illusion that there is someone coming from the past and going into the future, the one we call 'me'.  The starring role in the drama.

    I have sat with many meditators form all sorts of spiritual backgrounds, and it is difficult to communicate to them, 'be aware of 'this', just as it is, in the way you experience it'.  People will say 'nothing is happening', but they mean nothing special happened.  The sat there and discomfort came in, sore knee, pain in lower back, sweat ticklin their face and so on, and became 'disatisfied', then blamed their sensations, when in fact they became agitated their reactivity in aversion to their discomforts and their impatient craving for pleasure of the spiritual kind.  People say they can't concentrate, focus, stop their thinking - but of course, it is their reactivity that agitates the mind, not any sensation or experience, and they can't concentrate because the mind is running from pain and craving for pleasure, basically.

    It's actually simpler that people say it is, and I started to refine the meditation practice by discarding anything that was unnecessary.  I removed controlling the breath, counting breaths, sorts of visuation aids, as I know these were just means to an end, secondary things being used in desire to get me some state I desired - just like heroin.

    When it was reduced completely, I was watching, paying attention, being alert, but without doing anything. 'This' could be 'as it is' and I am presently aware.  It is ironically difficult to do nothing, but there is a difference between being willful in effort and being willing regardless of the arising sensations, just as they are.
    avatar
    Gemmy
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Age : 50
    Location : Sydney
    Job/hobbies : Weightlifting
    Registration date : 2017-10-29

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  Gemmy on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:44 am

    ameliorate wrote:
    Gemmy wrote:One thing within my practice, or way of life, is to always know the motivation behind what I think, say and do - and regardless of what that motivation is, the ego is enlivened by it.  For what is motivation apart from some sort of desire, and what is desire but fuel for egocentricity, and what is egocentricity but reactionary concern for me, mine, my and I?  I find that in the moment my attention enters distraction, that ego resumes its position as 'me', and the only concern involving the ego is the belief that what is imagined as me in the mind is really me. 

    These motivations, to be higher by putting another beneath you, to win by defeating another, to protect oneself from pain by hurting someone else, and establishing ones own position by forcing others into validating roles - And how better to make others perform that function than eliciting their personal reactivity.  Egocentricity is completely reliant on creating situations where such reactivity can be sustained.  And what better way to do this than to create hurtful social environments?

    I can see the competition, and it is quite obvious what is going on.  I gather that from within the competition it isn't so obvious, it is all quite unclear and the intent preceding the words and actions is obscured.  People are distracted by the outcomes of the intent, caught in the reactivity and emotional excitement of it all, and the noise prevents them from seeing the real underlying wish - the truth of their motivation.

    It is understandable because we have all been wounded, and there are things in the past that have not come into full conscious awareness.  Each time they rear up a little, the same reaction is used to distract us from the discomfort of it.  There was a time when there was good reason to keep it in the dark, just to get through the day, but it then becomes habitual, the mind become automated, and we have to live under that conditioning.  It has happened to everyone, and that's really just a part of being human.

    But this is a spiritual space, so it is here where the spell can be broken, and that old stuff with all its reactivity can arise just as has in the past, but this time in self awareness so that it no longer compels us, rather than in distraction where it takes us unawares and causes mindless speech and action. 

    The awareness of mind is the truth of how things are. We know what we think. But we can be drawn to live after the fact in the realm of the dream man we believe to be 'myself'.  The one in the dream is affected by everything.  It creates the belief that all this is happening to 'me'.  So one should watch that pretender, because as soon as you are distracted from 'your presence', it will resume it's position as 'you'.  It can't take that position as the one who is consciously aware.
    I grasp what you are saying about our reactions coming from ego and to try and break free of that.  This we all know we should do.  However, words are easy.  I wonder how you would fare if you were trolled, i.e. provocatively baited and ridiculed as I have been on this very thread.  I am just curious to learn how integrated you fare on this.

    Suffice to say that there are doubtless countless personal attacks on me on many threads here (by the same person) that I have not responded to.  I rose above!

    If your comments are also directed at gigpdo then they will fall on stony ground because he is not on the spiritual path, i.e. not into improving or learning.  I see him clearly and know that mindset all too well i.e. the motivation.
    When I am trolled I already know they are attempting to position me in some way, and what they are doing is, in essence, a manipulation.  I understand that there are imaginary characters in their head and what they personalise about me actually only regards the figment character in their imagination.  They have conjured a roleplay in which their imagined self is engaging with the imagined me, and a completely inane conversation is taking place in their heads, but think these figments are real people.

    They project it out there because they want you to bear a resemblance to the imagined figure in their head, and if you react as anticipated, it makes the imagined figure manifestly real.  Then thay can affirm their imaginary self positioned against their imagined 'you'.

    If that self image is not affirmed, they try harder, become more abrasive, crueler, and the skilled ones become more subtly manipulative.  At that stage it's time to assert boundaries.  First you ignore them, which usually works, but sometimes they start hounding, and deriding you to others in the community.  In that case I make it clear that it's not acceptable to me, I juts let them know where the boundary is, and if they continue to transgress, I take it to the moderators.

    If you are being abused, verbally, insulted and derided, may I suggest you start keeping a copy the offensive posts, and the threads and post numbers.  Then, you will have a mountain of evidence if it becomes a moderation issue.  The moderators have a duty of care - they have to take reasonable measures to prevent abuse, because if they don't, they breach their duty of care and might might be liable under civil law.

    This means, you have all the power.

    I go by these steps.

    1) Ignore
    2) Clarify boundaries
    3) Start collecting examples of abuse
    4) Warn them they'll be reported
    5) Report them.

    It's as much as I can do, and so far it has worked every time.
    avatar
    ameliorate
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 3220
    Age : 68
    Location : London, UK
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  ameliorate on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:49 am

    Thank you Gemmy.
    avatar
    psychoslice
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1110
    Age : 61
    Location : Australia
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  psychoslice on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:15 am

    Gemmy wrote:My name, 'Gem', is taken from the Buddhist 'triple gem' (or the 'three jewels') to reflect my experience in the Buddhist meditation known as 'Vipassana', or 'insight meditation', or 'mindfulness' as it is now commonly known. My one wish is for the happiness and liberation of all beings, so may you all be happy and free.

    Kind regards

    Gemmy
    Hi Gemmy, your not the Gem from Spiritual Forums where i use to be and got banned ?.
    avatar
    psychoslice
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1110
    Age : 61
    Location : Australia
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  psychoslice on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:21 am

    Yes you are, you had me fooled for awhile. :urwelcome:
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    avatar
    Gemmy
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Age : 50
    Location : Sydney
    Job/hobbies : Weightlifting
    Registration date : 2017-10-29

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  Gemmy on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:10 pm

    psychoslice wrote:
    Gemmy wrote:My name, 'Gem', is taken from the Buddhist 'triple gem' (or the 'three jewels') to reflect my experience in the Buddhist meditation known as 'Vipassana', or 'insight meditation', or 'mindfulness' as it is now commonly known. My one wish is for the happiness and liberation of all beings, so may you all be happy and free.

    Kind regards

    Gemmy
    Hi Gemmy, your not the Gem from Spiritual Forums where i use to be and got banned ?.
    Yep the one and same!  An imposter here has called themselves Gem, so I couldn't get that username, but I am the REAL Gem. teehee
    avatar
    Gemmy
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Age : 50
    Location : Sydney
    Job/hobbies : Weightlifting
    Registration date : 2017-10-29

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  Gemmy on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:15 pm

    If I direct a comment to anyone, I'll quote their post, and it's very rare any of my comments will be personal, unless they are compliments.
    avatar
    ameliorate
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 3220
    Age : 68
    Location : London, UK
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  ameliorate on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:15 pm

    Gemmy wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Gemmy wrote:My name, 'Gem', is taken from the Buddhist 'triple gem' (or the 'three jewels') to reflect my experience in the Buddhist meditation known as 'Vipassana', or 'insight meditation', or 'mindfulness' as it is now commonly known. My one wish is for the happiness and liberation of all beings, so may you all be happy and free.

    Kind regards

    Gemmy
    Hi Gemmy, your not the Gem from Spiritual Forums where i use to be and got banned ?.
    Yep the one and same!  An imposter here has called themselves Gem, so I couldn't get that username, but I am the REAL Gem. teehee
    Wow you've undergone a massive change!  I recall you mocking spirituality on that forum and calling it 'spirichul'.  Come full circle then?  (I wonder if you can guess my user name there...we used to be at loggerheads quite often).
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    avatar
    ameliorate
    Member

    Female
    Number of posts : 3220
    Age : 68
    Location : London, UK
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  ameliorate on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:50 pm

    gigpdo wrote:
    Gemmy wrote:If I direct a comment to anyone, I'll quote their post, and it's very rare any of my comments will be personal, unless they are compliments.

    Well I'm very happy about that!

    Ameliorate seems to think your post/s  are/were,directed at me at her request to you??
    Very odd that Gem,but thats what it is,whether you like it or not she has tried to involve you in her funny little games!..how sad..and pretentious!


    :soap: :cat:
    You assumed that from my just saying 'thank you'?  Wow....

    You are the one here excelling at game playing! 
    avatar
    Blueanchor
    Member

    Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  Blueanchor on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:56 pm

    psychoslice wrote:Yes you are, you had me fooled for awhile. :urwelcome:
    It looked like you already knew each other in the opening posts. Is it just like advert (link thing) youve put on facebook?
    avatar
    psychoslice
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1110
    Age : 61
    Location : Australia
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  psychoslice on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:40 pm

    Gemmy wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Gemmy wrote:My name, 'Gem', is taken from the Buddhist 'triple gem' (or the 'three jewels') to reflect my experience in the Buddhist meditation known as 'Vipassana', or 'insight meditation', or 'mindfulness' as it is now commonly known. My one wish is for the happiness and liberation of all beings, so may you all be happy and free.

    Kind regards

    Gemmy
    Hi Gemmy, your not the Gem from Spiritual Forums where i use to be and got banned ?.
    Yep the one and same!  An imposter here has called themselves Gem, so I couldn't get that username, but I am the REAL Gem. teehee
    Yea i knew, well that's great, I try to behave myself here, their nice people. :astar:
    avatar
    psychoslice
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 1110
    Age : 61
    Location : Australia
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  psychoslice on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:43 pm

    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:Yes you are, you had me fooled for awhile. :urwelcome:
    It looked like you already knew each other in the opening posts. Is it just like advert (link thing) youve put on facebook?
    No I didn't know it was the gem i knew until yesterday, yes we are friends on Facebook, but don't communicate much.
    avatar
    Gemmy
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Age : 50
    Location : Sydney
    Job/hobbies : Weightlifting
    Registration date : 2017-10-29

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  Gemmy on Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:58 am

    ameliorate wrote:
    Gemmy wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Gemmy wrote:My name, 'Gem', is taken from the Buddhist 'triple gem' (or the 'three jewels') to reflect my experience in the Buddhist meditation known as 'Vipassana', or 'insight meditation', or 'mindfulness' as it is now commonly known. My one wish is for the happiness and liberation of all beings, so may you all be happy and free.

    Kind regards

    Gemmy
    Hi Gemmy, your not the Gem from Spiritual Forums where i use to be and got banned ?.
    Yep the one and same!  An imposter here has called themselves Gem, so I couldn't get that username, but I am the REAL Gem. teehee
    Wow you've undergone a massive change!  I recall you mocking spirituality on that forum and calling it 'spirichul'.  Come full circle then?  (I wonder if you can guess my user name there...we used to be at loggerheads quite often).
    I transform with insight.

    (I can't guess who you used to be)

    Sponsored content

    Re: Gem is here

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:29 pm