Gem is here

Gemmy

Male
    Number of posts : 56
    Job/hobbies : Weightlifting
    Registration date : 2017-10-29

Gem is here

Post  Gemmy on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:34 am

My name, 'Gem', is taken from the Buddhist 'triple gem' (or the 'three jewels') to reflect my experience in the Buddhist meditation known as 'Vipassana', or 'insight meditation', or 'mindfulness' as it is now commonly known. My one wish is for the happiness and liberation of all beings, so may you all be happy and free.

Kind regards

Gemmy
    psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 1110
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Re: Gem is here

Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:50 am

Hi gem and welcome, what a great positive introduction, I hope you like being here. :astar:
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1189
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:55 am

Hi Gem, welcome to the forum. 

Youve come at a strange time. Some of the members have been called unpleasant names and had derogotory accusations thrown at them and this is followed by hahaha. And if you dont like abuse it means you have an ego. At the moment, Im mirroring and acting the fool in the hope that they may find a more compassionate humour. I will stop soon as I dont enjoy it and realise that its unpleasent to be around for others also.
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:02 am

I think gem has the intelligence to work out what truly is happening here, don't patronize him.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:04 am

I dont know gem. My apologies to gem if you felt patronised. My intention was just to explain so you werent put off being here because of my behaviour.
    Gemmy

Male

Post  Gemmy on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:26 am

Blueanchor wrote:Hi Gem, welcome to the forum. 

Youve come at a strange time. Some of the members have been called unpleasant names and had derogotory accusations thrown at them and this is followed by hahaha. And if you dont like abuse it means you have an ego. At the moment, Im mirroring and acting the fool in the hope that they may find a more compassionate humour. I will stop soon as I dont enjoy it and realise that its unpleasent to be around for others also.

Oh yes, I have been on the forum scene a long time so I've seen a lot of on-line issues, but I think if we try to understand that people have difficult lives and often come from pretty harsh pasts, and we don't know what's going on in others' lives, then we can't judge too harshly if folks become a bit brash at times, or appear somewhat misguided, but this doesn't mean we have to cop any abuse, and sometimes we have to 'draw the line' - and it is your right to set your own boundaries. The good thing is, it seems as though there are proper protections in place here at SI forum, with an appropriate code of behaviour we have agreed to abide by, which the moderators would uphold to ensure a safe and nurturing environment for the membership, which is most conducive to spiritual growth.
    Gemmy

Male

Post  Gemmy on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:35 am

Blueanchor wrote:I dont know gem. My apologies to gem if you felt patronised. My intention was just to explain so you werent put off being here because of my behaviour.
    Oh no, not at all put off or patronised. It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance, Blueanchor, and I look forward to seeing you around  the forum threads. :asmile:
    Gemmy

Male

Post  Gemmy on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:50 am

gigpdo wrote:Hello Gem,welcome,so we have a real Buddhist,cool,hope you enjoy your stay!
    Take no notice of some of the comments,we are all on the same path,we all live under the same Universal laws.
    I more or less follow what suits me,more Asia than Europe,somewhere in between,maybe a Euro pseudo Asian type belief,so I have a foot in more than one camp,that's how I like it,the Theosophical Society teachings suit me,the Trans-Himalayan school of thought.
    I don't identify as a Buddhist, but I practice meditation in that tradition, and I have attended the dhamma talks as well.  I have refined the practice over the years, and although the teacher is Gotama the Buddha, the teachings themselves are universal.  The various Buddhist sects have created sectarian traditions, but I steer clear of sectarianism of all kinds, and I stick to the universal principles of mindfulness, which we have in awareness, our ability for realisation, and the infinite purity of love within our true nature.

Thank you for your kind welcome, gigpdo. :cat:
    Gemmy

Male

Post  Gemmy on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:55 am

psychoslice wrote:Hi gem and welcome, what a great positive introduction, I hope you like being here. :astar:

It's all good.  Thanks for posting the forum link on facebook!
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3220
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate on Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:05 pm

:welcome: :si:

I used to be a mahayana buddhist but, whilst I now no longer am, I still lean towards many of its teachings e.g. re. not cultivating desires and practising mindfulness and non attachment.  I now prefer to be guided by my advanced intuition.  I, too, am drawn to what you describe as the 'infinite purity of love' and try to stay heart centered.

I hope you feel inspired to interact here on this spiritual forum.
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:58 pm

Gemmy wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:Hi Gem, welcome to the forum. 

Oh yes, I have been on the forum scene a long time so I've seen a lot of on-line issues, but I think if we try to understand that people have difficult lives and often come from pretty harsh pasts, and we don't know what's going on in others' lives, then we can't judge too harshly if folks become a bit brash at times, or appear somewhat misguided, but this doesn't mean we have to cop any abuse, and sometimes we have to 'draw the line' - and it is your right to set your own boundaries. The good thing is, it seems as though there are proper protections in place here at SI forum, with an appropriate code of behaviour we have agreed to abide by, which the moderators would uphold to ensure a safe and nurturing environment for the membership, which is most conducive to spiritual growth.
    We are not heavily moderated here nor totally unmoderated. At times I feel that the lack of moderation can help growth as (more often than not) it enables people to find the natural end of any issues and  encourages responsibilty. But on this occassion the need for boundaries did need highlighting.  

Thank you for your understanding. Your energy is very welcome here.
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:11 pm

I agree with Blueanchor on the lack of moderation on this forum.  Whilst it can be seen as being more lenient than other forums, the downside is that it allows more personal attacks and troll-like provocative baiting that would not be tolerated elsewhere.
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice on Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:00 am

ameliorate wrote:I agree with Blueanchor on the lack of moderation on this forum.  Whilst it can be seen as being more lenient than other forums, the downside is that it allows more personal attacks and troll-like provocative baiting that would not be tolerated elsewhere.
    You are right, it certainly does.
    Gemmy

Male

Post  Gemmy on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:31 am

psychoslice wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:I agree with Blueanchor on the lack of moderation on this forum.  Whilst it can be seen as being more lenient than other forums, the downside is that it allows more personal attacks and troll-like provocative baiting that would not be tolerated elsewhere.
    Good to see the inner child coming through in your avatar pic.
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice on Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:52 am

Gemmy wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Good to see the inner child coming through in your avatar pic.
    Thanks Gem, yes i am a big kid at heart, wouldn't have it any other way, yea yea. :astar:
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:49 am

gigpdo wrote:

What an odd statement,giving yourself up like that,but I suppose honesty is the best policy,old saying,"you're a better man than me McDuff!

lol,hahaha!

:soap: :cat:

....and there we have it i.e. the provocative baiting!

Well done for providing a platform to highlight who it is.   I tried to modestly protect your name but you have just outed yourself. 

Many members here are aware of what you do here

Your lack of spirituality will soon become evident to newbies - by your own admission you have 'no spiritual leanings' so your motive for being here is somewhat dubious.

(Luckily I chose to read your post, I have normally learnt to disregard their inflammatory, negative content).
    Aetheria

Female
    Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2017-07-10

Post  Aetheria on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:32 pm

gigpdo wrote:You are a very sad case aren't you,that's all those 132+ LSD trips you took,maybe you're Syd Barretts sister,lol.

Do you realise what you have just done?..no/yes?
    You admitted to trying to bait me?...surely you are not that silly,I'm certainly not!

"Lucky I decided to read your post...",hello,hello,anyone home,methinks all that LSD has left you one kangaroo short in the top paddock!

You're provocative baiting is now on show for everyone on this forum to really see what 132+ acid trips does to a persons psyche!
    You wouldn't know a spiritual person if you fell over one tripping out on one of your 132+ LSD trips!...lol,hahaha...

Take two aspirin and say two Hail KPB's a day for a week,or charcoal or bentonite works on gut toxins,leave the LSD alone,I don't think you can impress "Gemmy" or anyone else with your whining,and even if you could why?

As far as I can see, ame hasn't tried to bait anyone. She was only sharing a truth that you only tried to cover,

You should be keep this in mind before you try to make any judgments of other's. What do you think pointing fingers at other's is going to get you. That somehow by doing so that somehow makes how you feel, feel 'better', or going to help you? No. It just leaves you exactly where you are.
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:05 pm

gigpdo wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    gigpdo wrote:

What an odd statement,giving yourself up like that,but I suppose honesty is the best policy,old saying,"you're a better man than me McDuff!

lol,hahaha!

....and there we have it i.e. the provocative baiting!

Well done for providing a platform to highlight who it is.   I tried to modestly protect your name but you have just outed yourself. 

Many members here are aware of what you do here

Your lack of spirituality will soon become evident to newbies - by your own admission you have 'no spiritual leanings' so your motive for being here is somewhat dubious.

(Luckily I chose to read your post, I have normally learnt to disregard their inflammatory, negative content).

You are a very sad case aren't you,that's all those 132+ LSD trips you took,maybe you're Syd Barretts sister,lol.

Do you realise what you have just done?..no/yes?
    You admitted to trying to bait me?...surely you are not that silly,I'm certainly not!

"Lucky I decided to read your post...",hello,hello,anyone home,methinks all that LSD has left you one kangaroo short in the top paddock!

You're provocative baiting is now on show for everyone on this forum to really see what 132+ acid trips does to a persons psyche!
    You wouldn't know a spiritual person if you fell over one tripping out on one of your 132+ LSD trips!...lol,hahaha...

Take two aspirin and say two Hail KPB's a day for a week,or charcoal or bentonite works on gut toxins,leave the LSD alone,I don't think you can impress "Gemmy" or anyone else with your whining,and even if you could why?

Au contraire, it is YOURSELF that is a very sad case!

I wouldn't normally have read your post but I was alerted to its particularly nasty attack by a friend here (who has defended me).

So....you take one fact about my past and do a massive spin on it?  Ha!  How little you know about my life!  Just as well, huh?   I wonder what chapters I could write about yourself if I was as petty as yourself (co-starring that neighbour you hated so much, but you have moved now haven't you?  I pity your new neighbours!)  No matter.  I will treat you with the contempt you so richly deserve.  Luckily I don't have a victim's mentality so you can't get to me.  I see you so clearly for what you are.

I wonder if you have ever made a positive, beneficial post here on anyone at all?  That is not in keeping with being a troll though is it?  Never mind.

Oh and, breaking news, I stopped taking LSD about 40 years ago!  (I have since obtained a degree in psychology so my brain is fully functioning and quite astute with it!) Maybe you should get up to speed when you try and criticise someone, huh???

I am sorry that Gem's intro thread has had to bear your disrespect but at least now he knows the situation.
    Aetheria

Female

Post  Aetheria on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:36 am

"as far as you know??..Ame hasn't tried to bait anyone??"

Then you don't know much or wear blinkers!
    I've been the butt of the acid lady's warped psyche since I got here,if you dont agree with her then you're wrong not her!

And when I elevated plain old Psychoslice to "King" which is my right under the Monty Python sans Goodies constitution...it states that all gigpdo's with cats can elevate all "common" Psychoslice persons to "King"...and I claimed that right,he could of removed that title "King" at any time he liked,he chose not to!

I know his sudden elevation shocked a lot of you,but hey,get a life will ya!

And I don't point "fingers"
    You should scroll back to all acid lady's posts before you dare accuse me of anything,she's got a definite identity problem,but 132 LSD trips has a habit of frying a persons brain,try it and then come and talk to me,otherwise "get a life"...

I've no reason to let whatever title that you've attached to "pyschoslice' as an excuse to cover the truth. Cause that's one thing you can't face. What your actions are showing by trying to switch the responsibility unto him. When it has nothing to do with pyschoslice. And that's why you get no where. So why don't you take your own advice.
    Aetheria

Female

Post  Aetheria on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:38 am

gigpdo wrote:igpdo"]]

I've been the butt of the acid lady's warped psyche since I got here,if you dont agree with her then you're wrong not her!

And when I elevated plain old Psychoslice to "King" which is my right under the Monty Python sans Goodies constitution...it states that all gigpdo's with cats can elevate all "common" Psychoslice persons to "King"...and I claimed that right,he could of removed that title "King" at any time he liked,he chose not to!

You should scroll back to all acid lady's posts before you dare accuse me of anything,she's got a definite identity problem,but 132 LSD trips has a habit of frying a persons brain,try it and then come and talk to me,otherwise "get a life"...

I've no reason to let whatever title that you've attached to "pyschoslice' as an excuse to cover the truth. Cause that's one thing you can't face. What your actions are showing by trying to switch the responsibility unto him. When it has nothing to do with pyschoslice. And that's why you get no where. So why don't you take your own advice.[/quote]
    Aetheria

Female

Post  Aetheria on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:38 am

Aetheria wrote:
    gigpdo wrote:

I've no reason to let whatever title that you've attached to "pyschoslice' as an excuse to cover the truth. Cause that's one thing you can't face. What your actions are showing by trying to switch the responsibility unto him. When it has nothing to do with pyschoslice. And that's why you get no where. So why don't you take your own advice.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:53 am