What is happiness ?

psychoslice

Male
    Number of posts : 819
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

What is happiness ?

Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:35 am

Yes, what is happiness to you, is it something to be obtained, is it something out there, is it found in another ?. So many are after this thing called happiness, but at the same time so many are miserable, happiness seems to be something many find and then lose, it doesn't last long, why is this, can we ever find happiness ?.
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1113
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Re: What is happiness ?

Post  Blueanchor on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:18 am

psychoslice wrote:Yes, what is happiness to you, is it something to be obtained, is it something out there, is it found in another ?. So many are after this thing called happiness, but at the same time so many are miserable, happiness seems to be something many find and then lose, it doesn't last long, why is this, can we ever find happiness ?.
    Its an emotion, not the promised land.
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:51 am

Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:Yes, what is happiness to you, is it something to be obtained, is it something out there, is it found in another ?. So many are after this thing called happiness, but at the same time so many are miserable, happiness seems to be something many find and then lose, it doesn't last long, why is this, can we ever find happiness ?.
    Yes it can be just an emotion, but tell me, what is this promise land ?.
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:24 am

I once thought happiness was something to be obtained, something out there to be discovered, but i was wrong. I had a fairly hard life in some ways, I was raped by three men when I was young, I had my life threatened with a knife, I was shot by someone along the highway, and I had cancer. I am not complaining about all these thing that happened, in fact all these thing lead me to where I am today, in some ways I am thankful for these things.

I have schizophrenia and it had been hard at time for me, I have suffered from clinical depression for a number of years, i have felt like suicide many times. One night in my bedroom it all got too much for me, it was so overwhelming that i fell onto me bed in tears, in that moment I just disappeared, I was taken somewhere beyond this body of pain that I have known for so long.

I remember I felt like I was expanding throughout the whole Universe, i was all there was, I was not separate from anything, I was everything there was and this was known from within.

After i came to, I felt so wonderful and Blissful, it was a felling I have never in my life felt before, I felt I was reborn, that the old me was gone. All of a sudden I started to laugh, I couldn't stop laughing, and even to this day I am still laughing. At this time i had no idea what happened to me, it was not long after when I was drawn into a new-age shop, I looked at their books and brought a book written by Eckhart Tolle, I think it was called "the Power of Now", after reading this book I finally had a label for what I experienced, Enlightenment. 

Enlightenment is nothing but a word, but a very powerful word, it points to our true connection to who we truly are, which is pure Consciousness, Source, or even God if you prefer that label which I personally don''t like, its been too over used and abused.

So yes, in this experience I realized what true happiness is, it was never anything found out there in this illusional world, it was always within me, in fact all out there only kept me away from discovering true happiness, and ever since i have never looked back, how can I when I have discovered this prize, nothing can ever take me away from this discovery, well this is my story. :ghug:
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:26 am

psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    That part was humour lol. Do you genuinely not see it if someone doesnt put haha after it?
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:29 am

Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    That part was humour lol. Do you genuinely not see it if someone doesnt put haha after it?
    I simply asked you a question, why the arrogance ?.
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:38 am

psychoslice wrote:I once thought happiness was something to be obtained, something out there to be discovered, but i was wrong. I had a fairly hard life in some ways, I was raped by three men when I was young, I had my life threatened with a knife, I was shot by someone along the highway, and I had cancer. I am not complaining about all these thing that happened, in fact all these thing lead me to where I am today, in some ways I am thankful for these things.

I have schizophrenia and it had been hard at time for me, I have suffered from clinical depression for a number of years, i have felt like suicide many times. One night in my bedroom it all got too much for me, it was so overwhelming that i fell onto me bed in tears, in that moment I just disappeared, I was taken somewhere beyond this body of pain that I have known for so long.

I remember I felt like I was expanding throughout the whole Universe, i was all there was, I was not separate from anything, I was everything there was and this was known from within.

After i came to, I felt so wonderful and Blissful, it was a felling I have never in my life felt before, I felt I was reborn, that the old me was gone. All of a sudden I started to laugh, I couldn't stop laughing, and even to this day I am still laughing. At this time i had no idea what happened to me, it was not long after when I was drawn into a new-age shop, I looked at their books and brought a book written by Eckhart Tolle, I think it was called "the Power of Now", after reading this book I finally had a label for what I experienced, Enlightenment. 

Enlightenment is nothing but a word, but a very powerful word, it points to our true connection to who we truly are, which is pure Consciousness, Source, or even God if you prefer that label which I personally don''t like, its been too over used and abused.

So yes, in this experience I realized what true happiness is, it was never anything found out there in this illusional world, it was always within me, in fact all out there only kept me away from discovering true happiness, and ever since i have never looked back, how can I when I have discovered this prize, nothing can ever take me away from this discovery, well this is my story. :ghug:
    After you came to, you felt happiness. It is an emotion that you felt... your mind felt it. It wasnt felt in everything/nothing. It isnt felt in that state. Its felt by the human psychoslice.

Would it be ok for you and gigdpo to laugh the person being abused and tell them its only their mind/body, its not even real so its abuse doesnt matter?
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:41 am

psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    Whose arrogance?
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:52 am

Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:I once thought happiness was something to be obtained, something out there to be discovered, but i was wrong. I had a fairly hard life in some ways, I was raped by three men when I was young, I had my life threatened with a knife, I was shot by someone along the highway, and I had cancer. I am not complaining about all these thing that happened, in fact all these thing lead me to where I am today, in some ways I am thankful for these things.

After you came to, you felt happiness. It is an emotion that you felt... your mind felt it. It wasnt felt in everything/nothing. It isnt felt in that state. Its felt by the human psychoslice.

Would it be ok for you and gigdpo to laugh the person being abused and tell them its only their mind/body, its not even real so its abuse doesnt matter?
    That's fine, you have the right to say what you want as I have already, so what ?.
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:53 am

Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    Whose arrogance?
    Your ego.
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:58 am

My story is my story, i have no intentions to make you believe in my story, my whole reason for this thread is to also hear your stories, its not meant for an argument, unless of course you want to make it an argument, and if that is what you want then i am ready, baby. :evil1:
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:59 am

psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:

That's fine, you have the right to say what you want as I have already, so what ?.
    Its a question Ive asked you several times and you havent answered it. Is it ok for for you and gigdpo to laugh at people being abused?
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:00 am

Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:

Its a question Ive asked you several times and you havent answered it. Is it ok for for you and gigdpo to laugh at people being abused?
    For Christ sake grow up.
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:19 am

I was once shot by a sniper along the highway just out of town, the bullet went though my ankle, nearly blowing my ankle off, I have suffered pain ever since, this is my song about that event.

psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:33 am

This song I wrote, was just after my so called Awakening, i then realized that God was in all of us, he was nowhere else to be found.

ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3197
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:55 am

Thanks for starting this thread psychoslice.

I see happiness as fleeting, i.e. something that can be felt due to a certain situation but not lasting that long.  Contentment (which is a bit like low key happiness) however, is more of an ongoing state and reflects the relationship with self - I have that.  To be in harmony with self is what I favour/value more rather than the small bursts of happiness which, although enjoyable, are temporary by their nature I feel.

So happiness can be on a scale/spectrum of intensity e.g. maybe contentment is at one end, then varying degrees of happiness, with joy then maybe bliss/ecstasy at the other end!
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:02 am

ameliorate wrote:Thanks for starting this thread psychoslice.

I see happiness as fleeting, i.e. something that can be felt due to a certain situation but not lasting that long.  Contentment (which is a bit like low key happiness) however, is more of an ongoing state and reflects the relationship with self - I have that.  To be in harmony with self is what I favour/value more rather than the small bursts of happiness which, although enjoyable, are temporary by their nature I feel.

So happiness can be on a scale/spectrum of intensity e.g. maybe contentment is at one end, then varying degrees of happiness, with joy then maybe bliss/ecstasy at the other end!
    Beautiful words, but can I ask, why is happiness fleeting, why cannot it not be permanent ?.
    Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:04 am

psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:

For Christ sake grow up

Perhaps we should all grow up. Its not funny to call people acid lady or some of the other derogotory terms that have been used for members here. When gigdpo is abusing people and you join in and sit there laughing when someone doesnt like it, its not being like a laughing buddha. People dont like it because its aggressive and unpleasant behaviour.. 

Growing up means taking responsibility for our actions and words and not letting the ego do whatever it pleases.

I said I wouldnt do this for long. I really dont get pleasure from it. So I will stop now, but I hope you will take a new perspective from it.
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:08 am

psychoslice wrote:

Beautiful words, but can I ask, why is happiness fleeting, why cannot it not be permanent ?.
    Well happiness is a heightened emotion that is not easy to stay at that level.  Lots of things make me happy e.g. creating a good recipe, being in my garden, comedy making me laugh etc so it's there, to be had, in small doses but contentment is my default setting.
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:12 am

ameliorate wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:

Well happiness is a heightened emotion that is not easy to stay at that level.  Lots of things make me happy e.g. creating a good recipe, being in my garden, comedy making me laugh etc so it's there, to be had, in small doses but contentment is my default setting.
    What if you didn't have those things that make you happy ?.
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:21 am

psychoslice wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:

There are so many other situations that make me happy e.g. especially being in the presence of young children (I adore their innocence), random acts of kindness/displays of love,.....indeed life can be very rich in opportunities for happiness!  I just don't feel it's natural to be always happy, happy, happy, very joyous and laughing constantly.  Life throws you wobblies that you have to deal with, i.e. they can have a sobering effect!

So it's not that I am unhappy but, like I said, I have the more stable low-key version of happiness - contentment which gives me ongoing pleasure that feels deeper.
    psychoslice

Male

Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:25 am

ameliorate wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:

There are so many other situations that make me happy e.g. especially being in the presence of young children (I adore their innocence), random acts of kindness/displays of love,.....indeed life can be very rich in opportunities for happiness!  I just don't feel it's natural to be always happy, happy, happy, very joyous and laughing constantly.  Life throws you wobblies that you have to deal with, i.e. they can have a sobering effect!

So it's not that I am unhappy but, like I said, I have the more stable low-key version of happiness - contentment which gives me ongoing pleasure that feels deeper.
    Its beautiful to see that you are a natural with happiness, so many are after what you are experiencing, they are chasing this happiness, when all the time its right within us, as I said you are a natural, thank you. :love:
    gigpdo

Male
    Number of posts : 405
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2017-06-27

Post  gigpdo on Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:11 pm

Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:

Q.is it ok for KPB and gigpdo to laugh at people being abused?

A.maybe its your karma coming to get you?

lol,hahaha!

:soap: :cat:
    gigpdo

Male
    Number of posts : 405
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2017-06-27

Post  gigpdo on Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:54 pm

What a brilliant thread?...happiness,wow what a word...I am H.A.P.P.Y I am H.A.P.P.Y, I know I am I'm sure I am,I'm H.A.P.P.Y....lol,hahaha...

"Happiness is watching your neighbour fall off his roof and break his leg that's happiness!"
    Lao Tzu.

"Happiness is a warm gun!"..according to John Lennon!

"Happiness is watching a doco on TV,where American infantrymen let the Jewish women in a nazi concentration camp loose on female SS camp guards"..that made me smile too,not just happy,especially when they asked for mercy,lol,hahaha.. they didn't get it...

Happiness is waking up with my cat every morning on my bed,then trying to work out where his head is,lol,hahaha.. so I don't kiss his bum,lol,hahaha.

Yes I know exactly what happiness is.....

Blueanchor

Post  Blueanchor on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:42 pm

gigpdo wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:
    psychoslice wrote:
    Blueanchor wrote:

Q.is it ok for KPB and gigpdo to laugh at people being abused?

A.maybe its your karma coming to get you?

lol,hahaha!

Many abusers (and those that take pleasure from watching abuse - a growing problem in this electronic age) attempt to justify their actions by finding reason that it is in some way deserved.

Here you have used a poor understanding of karma to suggest a justification. Its the dangers in the misuse of spiritual ideas that I try to highlight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:50 pm