A forum for seekers everywhere...


    Purgatory or Not!

    Share
    avatar
    gigpdo
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 509
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2017-06-27

    Purgatory or Not!

    Post  gigpdo on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:12 pm

    Did I really go to purgatory all those years ago,all those years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday,24 years is a long time ago but it is still imprinted somewhere in my mind,I am very conscious of it and what it meant to me back then,it was 1993 and I consciously left my body behind intent on seeing my best mate who had died 5 days earlier.

    His name was Eddie,he was 33 years old and had 3 children to 2 wives,he run a business and was my boss,he was also a hopeless alcoholic and womaniser,but he was a good and kind hearted person,he just liked booze and sex,in that order!
    I was in hospital when he died,he rolled his motor vehicle end over end and he was killed instantly, he was also rolling drunk and luckily on a little used back road.

    I was distraught,I signed myself out of hospital just so I could attend his funeral,I delivered the eulogy to over 400 people,and 6 days earlier I had over 450 micro stitches inside my cervical spine,I was a real mess,not just the loss of my best friend but the surgery and stress was unimaginable.

    That night I grabbed a bottle of rum and decided to drink myself to sleep,it didn't take much,one mouthful really,I had his photo on my chest just laying on my bed thinking about him,suddenly I was shooting through space,away from the earth at unbelievable speed,I was still in the etheric,in our universe, and I ended up on a type of dirt island in space,it was dirt with red brick buildings,it felt absolutely negative,there was an overwhelming feeling of hopelessness about the situation,it was so sad,it felt like I was in a place totally devoid of any life, it was as though all the vitality and goodness had been sucked out of me just by being there,I was thinking very fast and then from a red dull brick building a person was walking toward me,it was my mate Eddie, we buried him 12 hours earlier and here he was floating toward me,we communicated telepathically, I asked what had happened in the accident,he said the accelerator jammed,he crashed and ended up where we were,a different voice told me it was a place I knew as purgatory.
    Eddie told me he could not go on any further,he was not allowed to go forward,he seemed very confused about why he was there,but he said he had to stay there for awhile,then I had the distinct impression in my mind that he was unclean,or not pure enough to continue on.

    Then it was morning and I woke up on my bed,still with his photo clutched to my chest,right over my heart.
    Yes I am sure it was purgatory, and it was both our belief that as we were brought up as Christians that purgatory was part of that belief!

    :soap: :cat:
    avatar
    psychoslice
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 895
    Age : 61
    Location : Australia
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Purgatory or Not!

    Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:02 am

    gigpdo wrote:Did I really go to purgatory all those years ago,all those years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday,24 years is a long time ago but it is still imprinted somewhere in my mind,I am very conscious of it and what it meant to me back then,it was 1993 and I consciously left my body behind intent on seeing my best mate who had died 5 days earlier.

    His name was Eddie,he was 33 years old and had 3 children to 2 wives,he run a business and was my boss,he was also a hopeless alcoholic and womaniser,but he was a good and kind hearted person,he just liked booze and sex,in that order!
    I was in hospital when he died,he rolled his motor vehicle end over end and he was killed instantly, he was also rolling drunk and luckily on a little used back road.

    I was distraught,I signed myself out of hospital just so I could attend his funeral,I delivered the eulogy to over 400 people,and 6 days earlier I had over 450 micro stitches inside my cervical spine,I was a real mess,not just the loss of my best friend but the surgery and stress was unimaginable.

    That night I grabbed a bottle of rum and decided to drink myself to sleep,it didn't take much,one mouthful really,I had his photo on my chest just laying on my bed thinking about him,suddenly I was shooting through space,away from the earth at unbelievable speed,I was still in the etheric,in our universe, and I ended up on a type of dirt island in space,it was dirt with red brick buildings,it felt absolutely negative,there was an overwhelming feeling of hopelessness about the situation,it was so sad,it felt like I was in a place totally devoid of any life, it was as though all the vitality and goodness had been sucked out of me just by being there,I was thinking very fast and then from a red dull brick building a person was walking toward me,it was my mate Eddie, we buried him 12 hours earlier and here he was floating toward me,we communicated telepathically, I asked what had happened in the accident,he said the accelerator jammed,he crashed and ended up where we were,a different voice told me it was a place I knew as purgatory.
    Eddie told me he could not go on any further,he was not allowed to go forward,he seemed very confused about why he was there,but he said he had to stay there for awhile,then I had the distinct impression in my mind that he was unclean,or not pure enough to continue on.

    Then it was morning and I woke up on my bed,still with his photo clutched to my chest,right over my heart.
    Yes I am sure it was purgatory, and it was both our belief that as we were brought up as Christians that purgatory was part of that belief!

    :soap: :cat:
    Lovely story but I cannot say anything, I don't have any beliefs in purgatory, i'm not catholic.
    avatar
    gigpdo
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 509
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2017-06-27

    Re: Purgatory or Not!

    Post  gigpdo on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:45 am

    Thanks for the reply KP,yes purgatory is a made up word,but my mate Ed was catholic and I protestant,but neither of us practiced our religion,and oddly enough our parents religion,we were what we were by birthright,it was what I was taught until aged 16 then I stopped going to church immediately much to my Mothers chagrin.

    But sadly most kids are corrupted from birth,all of us are "victims of life's circumstances", I think that's a Joe Walsh LP album title,lol,hahaha, but we are brought up a certain way,to a certain standard.

    But I knew Eddie was stuck,it was so sad,his death devastated me,and I think I was given one last glimpse,because I asked for it.

    :soap: :cat:
    avatar
    psychoslice
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 895
    Age : 61
    Location : Australia
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Purgatory or Not!

    Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:01 am

    gigpdo wrote:Thanks for the reply KP,yes purgatory is a made up word,but my mate Ed was catholic and I protestant,but neither of us practiced our religion,and oddly enough our parents religion,we were what we were by birthright,it was what I was taught until aged 16 then I stopped going to church immediately much to my Mothers chagrin.

    But sadly most kids are corrupted from birth,all of us are "victims of life's circumstances", I think that's a Joe Walsh LP album title,lol,hahaha, but we are brought up a certain way,to a certain standard.

    But I knew Eddie was stuck,it was so sad,his death devastated me,and I think I was given one last glimpse,because I asked for it.

    :soap: :cat:
    Did Eddie believe in life after death ?.
    avatar
    gigpdo
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 509
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2017-06-27

    Re: Purgatory or Not!

    Post  gigpdo on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:56 am

    He believed in drinking,we all did,but he had it bad,were we could stop and sleep he would continue,hard triple bourbon shots,he was married twice,both his wives were not only beautiful but very tolerant of his affairs,he would pick women up 4 or 5 nights a week,he was a charmer,a ladies man.
    His kids were catholic and going through confirmation aged 7 or 8,it was a very mechanical process,to keep the families of the kids happy.
    No he never to my knowledge thought about death,he only said he wanted to try everything once,and he tried hard too,his father was killed in 1980 in a head on with a semi trailer,killed instantly,Ed was 20 yrs old,he said once to me,if I die I want to go quick like his father,he got his wish sadly.


    :soap: :cat:
    avatar
    psychoslice
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 895
    Age : 61
    Location : Australia
    Job/hobbies : oil painting, reading,music, living life
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

    Re: Purgatory or Not!

    Post  psychoslice on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:10 pm

    gigpdo wrote:He believed in drinking,we all did,but he had it bad,were we could stop and sleep he would continue,hard triple bourbon shots,he was married twice,both his wives were not only beautiful but very tolerant of his affairs,he would pick women up 4 or 5 nights a week,he was a charmer,a ladies man.
    His kids were catholic and going through confirmation aged 7 or 8,it was a very mechanical process,to keep the families of the kids happy.
    No he never to my knowledge thought about death,he only said he wanted to try everything once,and he tried hard too,his father was killed in 1980 in a head on with a semi trailer,killed instantly,Ed was 20 yrs old,he said once to me,if I die I want to go quick like his father,he got his wish sadly.


    :soap: :cat:
    Yes even thought its sad, it is also great that he lived his life just the way he wanted to, for me personally there is only one life, as the identity that we call our self, of course life continues, but without our ego, or our identity that we created, that suites me fine.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3496
    Age : 70
    Location : Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-24

    Re: Purgatory or Not!

    Post  mac on Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:43 pm

    I don't see it as sad that someone leads the life they chose in the way they wanted it to be, no matter how we might disapprove of their actions or might believe they missed out on.

    We never know (in this life) how someone else's life was intended to be and, come to that, we don't know for certain what our own 'life-plan' is either.
    avatar
    gigpdo
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 509
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2017-06-27

    Re: Purgatory or Not!

    Post  gigpdo on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:07 am

    Sadly,yes that is the word I wanted to use,sadly fits the circumstances of his death nicely!
    He left behind a beautiful 4 yr old daughter to his 2nd wife,and a 13 yr old daughter and 11 yr old son to his first wife,because of alcohol, because he liked a drink!
    When a person decides to be a member of a family unit,or start a family,and not a single person,to get a couple of kids to clothe,feed and put a roof over their heads is giving up the single/selfish life as I call it,( from my own experience )
    When you stop being single you cannot get married and have a family and still lead the single mans life,you have different responsibilities when you stop being single?
    The sad part is the after effect,his death through drinking caused his families to suffer through alcohol abuse,that is very very sad indeed.

    :soap: :cat:
    avatar
    Blueanchor
    Member

    Number of posts : 1161
    Registration date : 2015-08-27

    Re: Purgatory or Not!

    Post  Blueanchor on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:06 am

    Sorry for late reply, I realise the thread has moved in a slightly different direction. But in response to the op, when I was young and filling my body with intoxicants, after a particularlt heavy session, I had a vivid dream that I was dead and floating high above a city that I wanted to be in. The message I got, was that I couldnt go into the city until I was sober. 

    I only know of the word purgotory from the likes of Shakespeare and Dickens, where it is portrayed as a tortorous and tormenting place. My dream didnt feel like that. It felt more like a matter of fact, that I couldnt enter until I was sober. 

    Based on this experience, reading about your experience I wonder if the feelings you felt at seeing your friend were connected more to what you were going through at the time, rather than what your friend was experiencing.

    mac
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 3496
    Age : 70
    Location : Valley of the Sun, Arizona
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-24

    Re: Purgatory or Not!

    Post  mac on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:48 am

    gigpdo wrote:Sadly,yes that is the word I wanted to use,sadly fits the circumstances of his death nicely!
    He left behind a beautiful 4 yr old daughter to his 2nd wife,and a 13 yr old daughter and 11 yr old son to his first wife,because of alcohol, because he liked a drink!
    When a person decides to be a member of a family unit,or start a family,and not a single person,to get a couple of kids to clothe,feed and put a roof over their heads is giving up the single/selfish life as I call it,( from my own experience )
    When you stop being single you cannot get married and have a family and still lead the single mans life,you have different responsibilities when you stop being single?
    The sad part is the after effect,his death through drinking caused his families to suffer through alcohol abuse,that is very very sad indeed.

    :soap: :cat:

    quote: "Ed was 20 yrs old,he said once to me,if I die I want to go quick like his father,he got his wish sadly."

    This is what I had referred to. Was it sad for him he got his wish ?

    josefinaA&CO
    Just joined

    Female
    Number of posts : 7
    Location : Colorado
    Registration date : 2016-06-19

    Re: Purgatory or Not!

    Post  josefinaA&CO on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:22 pm

    Sad and at the same time a lovely story.. I do believe in heaven and hell, but I have doubt having what they called purgatory..
    avatar
    gigpdo
    Member

    Male
    Number of posts : 509
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2017-06-27

    Re: Purgatory or Not!

    Post  gigpdo on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:08 pm

    I suppose purgatory is a "Christian" word for a Sanskrit word used by Hindus!

    Kama-Loka,the astral realm still connected to the Earth,even now as I type it exists.It is known as the plane of desire!
    This is a place that all the naughty folk go and stay awhile,more like a rehab centre!
    The good boys and girls only stay a short time in kama-Loka,they are then Devachan,it is here you meet loved ones,according to my information,and Sanskrit is the oldest known type of writing!


    "He who holds the keys to the secrets of Death,is possessed of the keys of Life"

    A quote from the Master K H.


    :soap: :cat:

    Sponsored content

    Re: Purgatory or Not!

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:06 am