Is cleansing it effective?

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 3357
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Re: Buying antiques.

Post  mac on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:40 am

Aube Borealis wrote:Is it safe to buy antiques?
    Is cleansing it effective?
    you serious?

Aube Borealis

Female
    Number of posts : 62
    Registration date : 2017-07-05

Post  Aube Borealis on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:03 pm

Yes, so many times I have attempted to buy antiques furnitures and jewelry as an investment.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Aube Borealis wrote:Yes, so many times I have attempted to buy antiques furnitures and jewelry as an investment.
    So the cleaning etc. referred to mechanical cleaning rather than fanciful spiritual cleaning, nothing to do with the forum title of 'Spiritual Phenomena'?

Of course it's safe to buy 'old stuff' but 'caveat emptor' if you're hoping to make a profit.....

Aube Borealis

Female

Post  Aube Borealis on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:30 pm

I didn't pursue the buy and sell business because of the thought that it could have imprints of negatives along with it's past and I don't know if cleansing it spiritually would be enough to wash away anything bad attached to it. 

Just a subject of discussion, I just remembered my business plan then. The return on investment is about 300% or more of it's price but turn over is slow or depending how to market it, selling made easy now on the internet.

I don't know if there are real cases like it, spirit attachment cases on antiques.
    Some people really want to buy old stuff because of it's history, rarity and value may it be for investment or for keeps or conversation piece.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:59 pm

Aube Borealis wrote:I didn't pursue the buy and sell business because of the thought that it could have imprints of negatives along with it's past and I don't know if cleansing it spiritually would be enough to wash away anything bad attached to it. 

Just a subject of discussion, I just remembered my business plan then. The return on investment is about 300% or more of it's price but turn over is slow or depending how to market it, selling made easy now on the internet.

I don't know if there are real cases like it, spirit attachment cases on antiques.
    Some people really want to buy old stuff because of it's history, rarity and value may it be for investment or for keeps or conversation piece.
    Guess you've already decided for yourself as you didn't go ahead.....  I'd doubt many would be put off selling or buying based on your concerns.

Aube Borealis

Female

Post  Aube Borealis on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:07 pm

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to discourage anyone, this why I am asking if cleansing it would be effective.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Aube Borealis wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't mean to discourage anyone, this why I am asking if cleansing it would be effective.
    discourage?  Didn't discourage me....  Cleansing?  Gentle washing with soap and water might be a good place to start depending on what the item is made form....
    Thunder Bow

Male
    Number of posts : 613
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

Post  Thunder Bow on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:17 pm

I assume you mean blessing it, or smudging it with cedar or sage. Not actually cleaning it in soap and water. Smudging may work, depending on the kind of entity that is attached to it.

Aube Borealis

Female

Post  Aube Borealis on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Thunder Bow wrote:I assume you mean blessing it, or smudging it with cedar or sage. Not actually cleaning it in soap and water. Smudging may work, depending on the kind of entity that is attached to it.
    Yes, thank you, that kind of cleansing, I thought it's for the seller and the buyer's safety.

Aube Borealis

Female

Post  Aube Borealis on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:51 pm

My thought then was to know or trace it's history for a good selling point. 

Sometimes cleaning it may lessen it's value. Sometimes buyer of old silver coins want the authenticity and the corrosion or barnacles with it along with it's history.
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24258
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:04 am

Some believe objects, old pieces of furniture and even buildings can absorb and hold negative energy, for those who believe this to be the case our section on 'cleansing ' should be helpful.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Aube Borealis

Female

Post  Aube Borealis on Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:34 am

Thanks Violet, I'll check out the threads. :)
    Resonator

Male
    Number of posts : 105
    Job/hobbies : Technical
    Registration date : 2012-01-24

Post  Resonator on Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:11 pm

Violet wrote:Some believe objects, old pieces of furniture and even buildings can absorb and hold negative energy, for those who believe this to be the case our section on 'cleansing ' should be helpful.
    If that is true, then it is just as likely old objects could absorb or hold positive energy.   Why wouldn't it?

Part of any purchase I make is a laying on of hands for general impressions, though the actual touching isn't always necessary.    Hasn't failed me yet.
    Aetheria

Female
    Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2017-07-10

Post  Aetheria on Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:40 pm

I agree with what violet had said about objects and buildings - cause areas/spaces can hold negative energy, sometimes old buildings/houses/objects or structures that are there. And you can feel the energy there, may make you feel a bit uncomfortable depending on how strong it is..

Aube Borealis

Female

Post  Aube Borealis on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:13 pm

Aetheria wrote:
    I agree with what violet had said about objects and buildings - cause areas/spaces can hold negative energy, sometimes old buildings/houses/objects or structures that are there. And you can feel the energy there, may make you feel a bit uncomfortable depending on how strong it is..
    How can an object absorb bad or negative or even positive energy?

I have been to new houses, some felt really negative.
    Aetheria

Female
    Number of posts : 22
    Registration date : 2017-07-10

Post  Aetheria on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Aube Borealis wrote:
    Aetheria wrote:

With objects and how they absorb energy, for example, those that have positive energy they radiate and also a protective energy.

For other’s that have been negative energy for a long period of time, they will become tainted and have absorbed that energy.

And with new houses where you felt negativity from it likely has to the area/space  where the foundation of the house is, what was there before the house was built over that area is where that energy is coming from.

Aube Borealis

Female

Post  Aube Borealis on Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:34 pm

Aetheria wrote:
    Aube Borealis wrote:
    Aetheria wrote:

With objects and how they absorb energy, for example, those that have positive energy they radiate and also a protective energy.

For other’s that have been negative energy for a long period of time, they will become tainted and have absorbed that energy.

And with new houses where you felt negativity from it likely has to the area/space  where the foundation of the house is, what was there before the house was built over that area is where that energy is coming from.
    So, there's a possibility that the perception or emotions of the people connected to the place or object may have an effect to an object or place and not from the place or object itself.

There are homes where I felt some chills and want to throw myself out because I felt the negativity of the owner or who have been there. I also felt that on people or animals. 

There are also things that felt pleasant, maybe because of the good memories with it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:47 am