This site isn't working for now. Keep checking back. mac

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 3313
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Re: hacked website

Post  mac on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:46 pm

It's been hacked and will need someone to fix things. Today is Sunday July 16 2017 - mac

gigpdo

Male
    Number of posts : 42
    Registration date : 2017-06-27

Post  gigpdo on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:32 am

Hello Mac,
    Mine is same,only on classic version,black squares,with writing saying "3rd party hosting,photobucket"
    Is that what you have

mac

Male

Post  mac on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:11 am

gigpdo wrote:Hello Mac,
    Mine is same,only on classic version,black squares,with writing saying "3rd party hosting,photobucket"
    Is that what you have

Yes in 'Classic' version I see the Photobucket adverts, just as I do using a computer version of the website. In the mobile version the Photobucket images aren't there. But now after ameliorate's research I've followed advice and found that by clicking the adverts in, for example, the 'Reply and Quote' location I can post as normal.

It's a licensing thing and Photobucket appears to have blocked the use of their hosting for buttons, banners, avatar placings etc. Originally it looked like the website had been hacked and I should have written "It appears the website has been hacked." rather than just saying it had. Should never make unwarranted assumptions.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:39 am

mac wrote:
    gigpdo wrote:Hello Mac,
    Is that what you have

Yes in 'Classic' version I see the Photobucket adverts, just as I do using a computer version of the website.  In the mobile version the Photobucket images aren't there.  But now after ameliorate's research I've followed advice and found that by clicking the adverts in, for example, the 'Reply and Quote' location I can post as normal.

It's a licensing thing and Photobucket appears to have blocked the use of their hosting for buttons, banners, avatar placings etc.  Originally it looked like the website had been hacked and I should have written "It appears the website has been hacked." rather than just saying it had.  Should never make unwarranted assumptions.

To 'reply and quote' first disable Adblock on SI website.  Choose a posting. Scroll to the place bottom right where the edit, reply etc. buttons are usually seen.  There should be three Photobucket images.  Hover the mouse pointer over far left image and a 'Reply and Quote' message should appear indicating the hidden placeholder.  Then click that image to get to the posting which you want to quote and reply to.

Same thing to 'Edit' but this time clicking the centre image.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:44 am

mac wrote:It's been hacked and will need someone to fix things.  Today is Sunday July 16 2017 - mac

It hadn't been hacked at all.  Photobucket appeared to be exercising its legal rights over the use of one of its products.  I've seen one other website this morning with just a single Photobucket image.

gigpdo

Male

Post  gigpdo Yesterday at 12:09 pm

Well mine is ok now,I don't understand all this computer stuff,but its all good,just the black squares covered login,on the non classic version I seem to struggle, just me I suppose,but I like this classic version,it fits my 7" screen perfectly!
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3060
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Yesterday at 12:24 pm

gigpdo wrote:Well mine is ok now,I don't understand all this computer stuff,but its all good,just the black squares covered login,on the non classic version I seem to struggle, just me I suppose,but I like this classic version,it fits my 7" screen perfectly!
    Yes, since you seem not sure, the situation is now rectified thanks to Violet - the forum owner.

gigpdo

Male

Post  gigpdo Yesterday at 1:11 pm

I thought someone said it had been hacked?
    But my system is slow now,just on this site and if I Google some info from something called "Google lead services" then it disconnects!
    Just replying to your post took a good 30 seconds to load the page,but its very cloudy tonight,so poor broadband signal.
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3060
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate Yesterday at 1:47 pm

gigpdo wrote:I thought someone said it had been hacked?
    But my system is slow now,just on this site and if I Google some info from something called "Google lead services" then it disconnects!
    Just replying to your post took a good 30 seconds to load the page,but its very cloudy tonight,so poor broadband signal.
    The original thinking was that this forum was hacked and there have been subsequent posts clarifying the situation....obviously you didn't read them.

gigpdo

Male

Post  gigpdo Today at 12:35 am

I couldent see the posts until it was fixed,I only logged back in the past few days,I know now it was not hacked,I was making a point of saying that I thought it was hacked by what was said here,I don't want an argument,I was making a point,I could not navigate on the classic or non classic version,its my cheap tablet and weak signal,I actually thought the fault was in my tablet and system,not the websites!

Last edited by gigpdo on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing letters i words i typed)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:38 am