Death of a Parent

gigpdo

Male
    Number of posts : 509
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2017-06-27

Death of a Parent

Post  gigpdo on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:19 am

Family with 3 children, ages 4 a girl,7 a boy and 12 a girl!
    Would they turn out better if mum brought them up,mum has not worked for 12 years,a receptionist,aged 33!
    Their father dies in an accident, they have a mortgage and need his work as a trade mechanic and his overtime to survive,just be comfortable!

Or the mother dies,lets say cancer,the father has to bring up 3 kids,he is 36 years old and needs to work to support his kids,still has to pay bills etc!

Question,would the children turn out better or worse,socially,spiritually and well balanced individuals under one parent mother or one parent father!

This was an average family,no particular race,colour or creed,so anyone from anywhere,but assume middle working class!

Last edited by gigpdo on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fathers age added)
    CW

Female
    Number of posts : 723
    Registration date : 2010-10-14

Re: Death of a Parent

Post  CW on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:51 am

A present parent is far better than no parent at all. It doesn't matter which gender.  When a child is able to physically touch a part of their DNA this is yet another one of life's little gifts. I am one in the third of six living generations and it has been a wonderful gift to share 95 years of my grandmother's life. 

Love to all...
    CW
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1161
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor on Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:05 am

How people respond to circumstance tends to be more related to the coping mechanisms they have learnt and the support they are able to access at times of need... rather than specific circumstances.
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 690
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:04 pm

Why are you so interested is it something you are doing?
     i can speak from experience about this. grief is a personal thing and can last for a long time.anything can trigger the grief.to loose the main breadwinner from any family can cause a lot of stress etc it would depend how independent the parent left to deal with things is.
     if they did'nt deal with bills money for everyday things.they would have to learn to do it.a lot depends on the person.but to loose a parent at a young age is something else believe me

Namaste
    Native spirit

Female
    Number of posts : 690
    Registration date : 2011-02-04

Post  Native spirit on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:05 pm

Why are you so interested is it something you are doing?
     i can speak from experience about this. grief is a personal thing and can last for a long time.anything can trigger the grief.to loose the main breadwinner from any family can cause a lot of stress etc it would depend how independent the parent left to deal with things is.
     if they did'nt deal with bills money for everyday things.they would have to learn to do it.a lot depends on the person.but to loose a parent at a young age is something else believe me

Namaste
    gigpdo

Male
    Number of posts : 509
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2017-06-27

Post  gigpdo on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:41 pm

Hello,
    I am just very interested what people think the positives and negatives would be, would the children suffer more in the long term without a mum or without a dad,how well balanced would the girls would be being brought up by a male figure not female,especially the subject of boys and sex!
    Would the young girls be disadvantaged,or vise versa for the boy if mum has to give him advice with girls at puberty.
    But I mainly wanted real answers that cannot be "obtained instantly on Google"
    So you actually have to think,so you really have to think your answers by personal experience, or if single with no kids what would be a better outcome,if not an equal outcome for the well balanced production of young adults,from one parent families,would these kids grow up "harder" with dad or "softer" with mum,or no difference!
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3198
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:01 pm

I agree with Native spirit, that to lose a parent at such a young age would be the major impact on them.

The situation calls for one of the parents to die so, if it is possible to envisage the least possible emotional damage, then that would depend on who the children were less close to. Much is made of the financial factor but even poor one parent families can be rich in other ways if they are close.  Also, the impact of their friends needs to be borne in mind, since this is the support network.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:21 pm