Hello everyone

Domintheos
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2017-04-11

Hello everyone

Post  Domintheos on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:48 pm

I've been reading the forum for about a week or two now, and now I feel like I'm familiar with the mood and setting here.  Great forum.
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3198
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Re: Hello everyone

Post  ameliorate on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:00 pm

:welcome: :si:  ..and yes, I agree - science IS a bit behind!
    Domintheos
    Just joined

Male

Post  Domintheos on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:16 pm

ameliorate wrote::welcome: :si:  ..and yes, I agree - science IS a bit behind!
    Wise words, thank you.
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:18 pm

As you can see, this forum is rich in diverse sections and threads.

What are your spiritual interests?
    Domintheos
    Just joined

Male

Post  Domintheos on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:35 pm

Well, thanks for asking Ameliorate--and to be honest my interests are cross-referencing with others experiences;  I'm seeking affirmations as well as other perspectives regarding spiritual enlightenment and awareness.  I'll give a short story of my spiritual awakening;  I was sitting at my desk reading spiritual information, and had drifted off into a day dream.  I'd went so deep into it, it felt as if time had stopped--and I was actually inside the daydream.  After contemplating everything from magnetic energy to justice and economic systems--I'd begun to "come-to" from the day-dream and the most "piercing sensation" I've ever felt came upon me;  the thought of the world I was returning to--as opposed to the concept of the one I'd just departed from, generated pure disgust and anger in regard to the state of earth as a whole.  It felt as if all the pain and negativity it was experiencing was being channeled directly into me--and this lasted until I consciously thought of an appointment I had with a friend of mine, then it terminated immediately.  Ever since this day, I saw the world and everything in it with an entirely new perspective--this was over a decade ago.

I'm interested in the initial experiences of others, and how they manage and/or practice their forms of spirituality.
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:04 pm

Thanks for sharing your spiritual awakening.  You say that you now see the world from an entirely new perspective...can you say more about that?  Hopefully, not viewing it through just a negative appraised lens?   Whilst there is much that is wrong with civilisation, there is also much that is good too but we don't get to hear much about that in the news!  If you ever go to youtube and type in 'restore faith in humanity'....then you will know what I mean!  Also kindness is a growing movement e.g. http://randomactsofkindness.org/  But maybe you mean you view the world more spiritually?

My spirituality has been a slow progression rather than a sudden awakening.  I was a hippy in my heyday and so LSD formed my first steps in deconditioning myself!  Most people do not know that LSD stands for league for spiritual discovery - a spiritual organisation inspired by Timothy Leary (he of 'turn on, tune in and drop out') - not that he was my guru or anything!  Anyway it started me down the road less travelled.... I shunned materialism, conventionalities like marriage, house/mortgage and kids - none of which appealled to me. 

I cultivated a positive mindset some 30 years ago (via a transformation that changed my fatalistic mindset) and have grown in strength/empowerment, intuitive abilities (I am claircognizant) and compassion/deeper understanding.  I am a semi recluse by choice, although I do voluntary work, and my current focus is on developing more love, i.e. for it to be more on going!

I hope you enjoy being on this forum. :peace:
    Domintheos
    Just joined

Male

Post  Domintheos on Sun May 07, 2017 10:44 pm

Sorry about the very late response Ameliorate, I can actually remember being in the middle of responding and then something popped up.  Well, as far as my view on the world as of lately-- "it is what it is."  I've learned to view good and evil as concepts, two sides of the same coin.  All that I see within the world is benevolent and malevolent actions, nothing has changed about the person I am since that initial awakening--only my perception.  

I've always wanted to "take a trip", but have never had the suitable group and environment to do so;  well I did in college but chickened out.  I'll definitely check out and support the kindness movement, thanks for the link.  I'm with you on the semi-reclusive lifestyle, I myself am a full-blown hermit--and I really do prefer it that way.  I have 4 children and a wife to keep me company, so I really don't need any "friends."  Also, I commend you for focusing upon all things positive--I really do;  I think it's one of the most difficult things to do at present.  You take care, and be safe.   :peace:
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Sun May 07, 2017 10:55 pm

Thanks for your post and explanations.   It's interesting that you say you are a full blown hermit (by preference)!  Now I am curious how you spend your time!  Presumably you fall into the category (like myself) of being quite creative and not prone to getting bored.  I do gardening and enjoy cooking (trying out recipes), practise mindfulness and confess I spend a lot of time online e.g. various forums and in a metaphysical/spiritual/social chat room (that is relatively inactive these days).

About my previous post - I would hasten to add that I am not recommending taking LSD!  It changes the person, sometimes profoundly so.  I have not kept up with streetwise drugs these days so what can be attained now might be vastly different, i.e. depending on what it was 'cut' with.  I totally prefer having natural insights now.

Re. staying positive - yes most people find this challenging...if not impossible.  The norm seems to be focusing on the negatives e.g. moaning/complaining.  I am a great believer in counting your blessings and not your problems.  It keeps life sweet!  I say this, currently undergoing a very stressful stage in my life where my sister is trying to steal my inheritance money (following the recent demise of our mother), i.e. things are FAR from positive but I have good support from those that love and understand me....and I get the odd 'sign'....

For instance, a recent sign concerns a peony bush in my garden - planted by my mother that has never flowered.  This month, for the FIRST time ever, there are deep red blooms on it.  That this should occur on the eve of probate being issued feels timely and a good omen for me. 

Last edited by ameliorate on Sun May 07, 2017 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Domintheos
    Just joined

Male

Post  Domintheos on Sun May 07, 2017 11:05 pm

You're absolutely right about counting your blessings, rather than acknowledging all the negative factors in our lives.  My condolences about the passing of your mother, though I'm sure she's in a better place seeing as how you turned out as a person;  of-course I don't know you personally, but my intuition says you're a decent individual at-least. 

"What goes around, comes around"--this is one universal fact that I've witnessed ever since my awakening, and it spares no one;  your sister should be careful.  The peony bush event is beautiful, almost brought tears to my eyes--have you communicated with your mother since she changed form?
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Sun May 07, 2017 11:11 pm

Domintheos wrote:You're absolutely right about counting your blessings, rather than acknowledging all the negative factors in our lives.  My condolences about the passing of your mother, though I'm sure she's in a better place seeing as how you turned out as a person;  of-course I don't know you personally, but my intuition says you're a decent individual at-least. 

"What goes around, comes around"--this is one universal fact that I've witnessed ever since my awakening, and it spares no one;  your sister should be careful.  The peony bush event is beautiful, almost brought tears to my eyes--have you communicated with your mother since she changed form?
    You ask whether I have communicated with my mother since her passing over... I am more into spirituality (the journey) than spiritualism (focusing on life after death) but, what I have gleaned is that we should wait for communication rather than seeking it out.  So I have waited....

I am a very spiritual person and with some psychic abilities (e.g. developed intuition and I am both an empath and a claircognizant) so it is a disappointment to me that I have felt nothing - no communication at all from her...but for little signs, as indicated (re. the peony).  It may well be because of her having had dementia for years.  As you may know, this strips away the personality and I always say that we lost her years before her actual death.... I do not feel a need for contact.  She was a Catholic but, oddly, did not believe in life after death.  I tried to explain that the soul/spirit/our essence lives on but I could tell she was not receptive to this.  I trust that she now knows....
    Domintheos
    Just joined

Male

Post  Domintheos on Sun May 07, 2017 11:21 pm

Understood, and thanks for the corrective-information.  You seem to be fully-aware of the more abstract aspects of our reality--based upon our conversation thus far.  I guess all I can say is take care, and be safe--thank you very much for the welcoming conversation, much appreciated.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:24 am