Hello Everyone!

Post  SpiritualAdvisor on Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:45 am

Psychic Reading?

AnneWhite

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2016-09-20

Welcome SpiritualAdviser!

Post  AnneWhite on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:51 am

Yes, friend it is a place for discussion on spiritual consulting. Obviously that consulting from other members that can inspires us.

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 3398
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post  mac on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:14 am

AnneWhite wrote:Yes, friend it is a place for discussion on spiritual consulting. Obviously that consulting from other members that can inspires us.
    The website owner, Violet, has laid out the purpose of this website pretty clearly as quoted below.....

Welcome to Spiritual Inspiration! Speak to like-minded people in our forum & chatroom! There is so much more of this forum to see once you've joined us, we're building a large spiritual community here, all are welcome..."
    Thunder Bow

Male
    Number of posts : 620
    Job/hobbies : Reactivated
    Registration date : 2013-12-02

Post  Thunder Bow on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:54 pm

Feel free to give me my Free Reading.
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3141
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:01 pm

SpiritualAdvisor wrote:Psychic Reading?
    Readings are psychic, i.e. implied already in the word 'reading'

mac

Male

Post  mac on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:05 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    It might be of interest to keep in mind that not everyone means 'psychic reading' when they use the word 'reading' on its own. 
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:00 am

mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    It might be of interest to keep in mind that not everyone means 'psychic reading' when they use the word 'reading' on its own. 
    Can you explain what you mean, since the ability to do a reading implies some sort of psychic ability, e.g. intuition in interpretating the meaning/symbolism of cards.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:33 am

ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    Can you explain what you mean, since the ability to do a reading implies some sort of psychic ability, e.g. intuition in interpretating the meaning/symbolism of cards.
    I didn't say that referring to (quote) "a reading" doesn't imply some sort of psychic ability.

I said simply that "not everyone means 'psychic reading' when they use the word 'reading' on its own."  Personally I use the term 'psychic reading' where no discarnate communication is involved.

But I've seen elsewhere that the term 'a reading' may also mean 'a spiritual reading' implying, or expecting, communication with discarnate/spirit communicators.  Again speaking purely personally, I don't care for the term 'a reading' where mediumship is expected/involved.  I prefer 'a sitting' but then I'm an old-fart Spiritualist and that's a traditional Spiritualist term.
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    I didn't say that referring to (quote) "a reading" doesn't imply some sort of psychic ability.

I said simply that "not everyone means 'psychic reading' when they use the word 'reading' on its own."  Personally I use the term 'psychic reading' where no discarnate communication is involved.

But I've seen elsewhere that the term 'a reading' may also mean 'a spiritual reading' implying, or expecting, communication with discarnate/spirit communicators.  Again speaking purely personally, I don't care for the term 'a reading' where mediumship is expected/involved.  I prefer 'a sitting' but then I'm an old-fart Spiritualist and that's a traditional Spiritualist term.
    A medium has and uses psychic abilities.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:52 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:

Are you suggesting that what I wrote implied something different? 
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:49 pm

mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:

Perhaps not then...I find your explanations a bit confusing to the original connotation of 'psychic reader' but I will leave it here.
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1247
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal on Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:42 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:

Anyone can learn to read cards.
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:14 pm

Crystal wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:

Of course but having the skill for it to accurately relate to the person requires intuition....wouldn't you agree?  Although we all have the ability to develop our intuition, not everyone does.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:13 pm

Crystal wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:

More or less anyone can learn to play a piano but not all to a level of competency that would enable them to give a virtuoso performance. A similar situation may be the case for psychic and spiritual attributes.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:18 pm

ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:

Perhaps not then...I find your explanations a bit confusing to the original connotation of 'psychic reader' but I will leave it here.
    I'm sorry I failed to explain myself clearly. 

Put again as simply as I can, one individual may have ideas about 'readings' or 'psychic readings' very different from another but neither is wrong while the other is right.  It's simply down to individual understanding about what any word or term means.....
    ameliorate

Female

Post  ameliorate on Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:51 pm

mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:
    ameliorate wrote:
    mac wrote:

I'm sorry I failed to explain myself clearly. 

Put again as simply as I can, one individual may have ideas about 'readings' or 'psychic readings' very different from another but neither is wrong while the other is right.  It's simply down to individual understanding about what any word or term means.....
    Yes the terms are not hard and fast but I just understood the word 'psychic' here to be superfluous.  I think most people would assume 'readings' to be done by someone skilled/gifted, i.e. psychic else anyone could do it! Not that it's stopped charlatans....hmm.

Now, it remains to be seen whether this member will 'stretch' to do the free reading that Thunder Bow has asked for!  (Not holding my breath here!)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:41 pm