A forum for seekers everywhere...

hi im new like to make friends ^_^

Mythoscio

Number of posts : 33
    Job/hobbies : Meditation, spirituality, writing, reading, drawing, singing, dancing, blogging & poetry
    Registration date : 2016-10-17

hi im new like to make friends ^_^

Post  Mythoscio on Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:33 am

First topic message reminder :

HI everyone!

My name is Soul I just found this site ^_^
    I'm a very spiritual person and have an apreciation for all spiritual (non-spiritual) and well all cultures and all things! I am influced by a variety of spiritualities, psychological/scientific theroies all which narrow down to unity, love, spiritual growth and the persuit of dreams & the aspirations of spirit!

I been exploring spiritual things for quite a bulk of my life- and have decidated my life in the persuits and envolvement with spirit!

I'd love to communicate with others on a similar path, share information, experiences, and friendship :)

The majority of my study is esoteric, hermetic, alchemical, and shamanic,

But besides that, I am a lover of nature and life, kindness, respect, joy happiness, dreams, play and dedication to the spirit of all being is vital to me!

If you'd like to know anything else let me know ^_^
    I'd also love to get to know some others here, tell me about yourself and what your persuits and interests are or anything else you would like to share if you'd like!

Much love,
    Namaste!
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1161
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Re: hi im new like to make friends ^_^

Post  Blueanchor on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:37 am

A One can't be conscious without a separation within awareness. But awareness can be shifted.  

The ego or sense of self tends to encompass, body senses, animation, thought, emotion, imagination, time (memory), intellect, instinct, spirit.  In everyday life, our awareness shifts easily between these different dimensions that are accepted in that sense of self. When I speak of being tree or mountain, it's an awareness shift beyond my sense of self. 

So death is a strange concept, the idea of the ego sense of self remaining intact and going some place else, differs from my personal experiences.

I believe we live in all spaces at once... but awareness may shift our focus.
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3198
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:45 am

Blueanchor wrote:A One can't be conscious without a separation within awareness. But awareness can be shifted.  

The ego or sense of self tends to encompass, body senses, animation, thought, emotion, imagination, time (memory), intellect, instinct, spirit.  In everyday life, our awareness shifts easily between these different dimensions that are accepted in that sense of self. When I speak of being tree or mountain, it's an awareness shift beyond my sense of self. 

So death is a strange concept, the idea of the ego sense of self remaining intact and going some place else, differs from my personal experiences.

I believe we live in all spaces at once... but awareness may shift our focus.
    Yes I agree that we lose our sense of self/ego upon death which calls into question contacting the dead via a medium; that has always puzzled me.  Perhaps a medium here can shed light on that.

It is my understanding that, upon death, our spirit (our essence) detaches from the body.

Your last sentence is intriguing and would explain the ability to remote view i.e. mentally go to another place and see what is there (a psychic ability).
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1161
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Post  Blueanchor on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:33 pm

i agree that spirit detaches from the body, but what about the other aspects that we relate to self, the thoughts, memories, emotional energies etc. Do you consider these aspects as spirit?

From what mediums tend to offer from spirit, it seems that they connect with the thought energies, memories and emotional energy of the deceased (or of the living relative).

Yet, because we pick up on thoughts and emotions of living people, it seems likely that those energies naturally exist beyond the body and brain. So when a body dies, it is understandable that those energies live on without it. But this isn't what I call spirit.

Although this may be off on a tangent, it seems related - I listened to a talk by a spiritualist medium recently, and she mentioned that in the early years of her mediumship, she lost contact with spirit for a time and then she had a vision of going up in a elevator and missing spirit, and from that she realised that spirit (the spirit that mediums talk to) are right beside us
    ameliorate

Female
    Number of posts : 3198
    Job/hobbies : Full-time person! Cooking, creating things
    Registration date : 2012-02-15

Post  ameliorate on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:57 pm

Blueanchor wrote:i agree that spirit detaches from the body, but what about the other aspects that we relate to self, the thoughts, memories, emotional energies etc. Do you consider these aspects as spirit?

From what mediums tend to offer from spirit, it seems that they connect with the thought energies, memories and emotional energy of the deceased (or of the living relative).

Yet, because we pick up on thoughts and emotions of living people, it seems likely that those energies naturally exist beyond the body and brain. So when a body dies, it is understandable that those energies live on without it. But this isn't what I call spirit.

Although this may be off on a tangent, it seems related - I listened to a talk by a spiritualist medium recently, and she mentioned that in the early years of her mediumship, she lost contact with spirit for a time and then she had a vision of going up in a elevator and missing spirit, and from that she realised that spirit (the spirit that mediums talk to) are right beside us
    I have always understood that our thoughts, memories, emotions are all part of our ego/mind/our ID and how we interact in the world.  This is what various spiritual teachings depict i.e. that our soul/spirit is other from this.

Hence why I don't understand that this can live on after death e.g. can the mind exist when the brain is dead?  I have always felt that mediums may be telepathic, i.e. pick up the thoughts and feelings from those who seek to contact the dead e.g. maybe a pet 'nickname' etc.  I am open to being found wrong in this.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:20 pm