1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3369
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Getting Wrong Answers

Post  1antique on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:00 am

I know that this is something that is experienced by all who use pendulums at one time or another. My question is: why does this happen?

When using other methods of seeing, you are using your senses and interpretations of those senses. When using a pendulum, you are asking straight yes or no questions that leave little to mis-understand. Either the pendulum gives you a 'yes' answer, or it gives you a 'no' answer (and sometimes an 'I don't know' or null answer)

So, since you are not having to interpret the answers you are given, why is it that you sometimes get incorrect answers? There should not be any problems with getting the correct answers because there is no interpretation ( or mis-interpretation) of what Spirit or your guides are attempting to convey.

So, why does it happen?
    shayn

Female
    Number of posts : 4035
    Job/hobbies : tarot reader

Re: Getting Wrong Answers

Post  shayn on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:30 am

hi 1antique
    this is only my opinion. your body is a meduim here and sometimes even if you don't think so you , your body interfere.
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24346
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:40 pm

1antique wrote:I know that this is something that is experienced by all who use pendulums at one time or another. My question is: why does this happen?

When using other methods of seeing, you are using your senses and interpretations of those senses. When using a pendulum, you are asking straight yes or no questions that leave little to mis-understand. Either the pendulum gives you a 'yes' answer, or it gives you a 'no' answer (and sometimes an 'I don't know' or null answer)

So, since you are not having to interpret the answers you are given, why is it that you sometimes get incorrect answers? There should not be any problems with getting the correct answers because there is no interpretation ( or mis-interpretation) of what Spirit or your guides are attempting to convey.

So, why does it happen?

I was told once that you need your pendulum's 'permission' to work with it, others believe it is your own subconcious producing the answers,and by that I don't mean you are deliberately swinging it one way or another. If this is the case perhaps tiredness is a simple explanation.

Just as with mediumship be that seeing, hearing, feeling or working with symbols we can still get it wrong and or misinterpret what we are getting.

I'd suggest if you begin getting wrong answers put it away for a few hours or overnight, basically giving it and yourself a rest.
    Please bear in mind i'm no expert on pendulums those are only my thoughts on it.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:00 am

Thank you both for your replies.

Whenever I use my pendulum, I always ask permission first. Then I ask it to show me which direction is 'no'. That way I know that it is ok to go ahead and what to expect in the answers I get. I then will normally ask a few 'dummy' questions to ensure that I am getting the correct responses before I proceed further. (questions such as my sex, state I live in, age, etc...)

Also, whenever I use my pendulum, I place both elbows on the table and lean forward. I rest both my hands against my forehead, with the pendulum hanging between them. This way, I have a very good balanced position, with a bare minimum of movement caused by my body.

When I am asking questions, I always ask spirit to make sure and give me VERY clear answers with large movements in the correct direction to eliminate any mis-interpretation by me from possible body movements. When I say large movements, I mean 2 to 3 inch movements. It takes a lot of body movement to make a pendulum move that far and would be noticable.

Even with these precautions in place, I still get incorrect answers sometimes. It is very frustrating. Maybe I am just not meant to know the answers at this time??
    1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:49 am

Another thought on this...

Is it possible to get deliberately wrong answers when using the pendulum? Kinda like a spirit coming through to a medium and giving false information?
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:10 pm

I think it's possible Allen

1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:42 am

It's irritating!
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:06 pm

Have things improved with your pendulum? You know I was thinking perhaps it just needs cleansing?

1antique
    Elite

Male

Post  1antique on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:17 pm

I haven't actually used it much in the past week. I will, perhaps, give it a good cleansing, and try again.
    radiclol

Number of posts : 349
    Registration date : 2009-02-20

Post  radiclol on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:18 am

why is my pendulum so random.. it's really annoying me, it's been working great then suddenly stops working, i like to know for sure it's right so i choose 5 tarot cards and ask which is it.. it works, then stops.. if i don't feel confident it's correct how am i going to take real serious questions.. SERIOUSLY? i want to ask questions which i can trust without proof but i can't
    Emma

Female
    Number of posts : 83
    Job/hobbies : Student
    Registration date : 2010-06-14

Post  Emma on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:47 pm

I feel your frustration, sometimes I would get mad and feel like throwing it against the wall, but I don't
    But the angels did tell me that you can over use it just like sometimes you can read cards to much and they become unaccurate.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:53 pm

Aren't you supposed to ask it's 'permission' before you use it?

Emma

Female
    Number of posts : 83
    Job/hobbies : Student
    Registration date : 2010-06-14

Post  Emma on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Violet wrote:Aren't you supposed to ask it's 'permission' before you use it?
    Sometimes I do and sometimes it likes to sit there and shake lol and other times it'll be fine.
    Violet
    Admin

Female

Post  Violet on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:09 pm

It might be shy or nervous seriously though I heard that you should ask it's permission and if it doesn't respond or it gives the direction for no then you should put it away and try another time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:23 pm