anyone know much about him?
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24347
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Re: aleister crowley

Post  Violet on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:35 pm

radiclol i've had a quick look online but it all seems very biased one way or the other, i'd suggest you do your own research if you're curious and make your own mind up about it, the very little i've read/heard about him suggests he's either a fake or suggests he's a mad man (amongst other things!):scratch: very confusing.

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

The Beast

Post  Soaring Bird on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:12 am

Hi Rad,
    He was also known as The Beast, some say like Violet has said, he was a madman and dealt with the Black Arts others say he was very famous for his Magick. Its a hard one to decide unless you read all thats written about him but there is so much, I started reading and became diverted before I had made my mind up.
    Huggles
    ZombieChaser

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2009-06-30

Post  ZombieChaser on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:27 am

Quite frankly I like the man myself heres a little more about him:

http://www.geocities.com/athens/acropolis/1896/crowpage.html
    Soaring Bird

Male
    Number of posts : 1225
    Job/hobbies : Guitar
    Registration date : 2009-07-14

Thanks

Post  Soaring Bird on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:42 pm

Thanks for that link ZombieChaser, I'll have another look now.
    Hugs
    1antique
    Elite

Male
    Number of posts : 3369
    Job/hobbies : Searching For The Truth
    Registration date : 2009-02-18

Post  1antique on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:06 pm

I spent over an hour last night researching him and the organizations that he belonged to. I found very little to like about the person.

Maybe it has a little bit to do with the fact that he LIKED referring to himself as the Beast in Revelations during a period of time when he KNEW the religious implications of making any references to it in regard to himself? Or the fact that he was hedonistic? Or that the based much of what he did on sex?

I think that he used his wealth to push the envelope of his desires, using secret societies and magic to cover what he did.

Of course, this is just my personal opinion. He could have been a perfectly nice person, but....
    ZombieChaser

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2009-06-30

Post  ZombieChaser on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:54 pm

1antique wrote:I spent over an hour last night researching him and the organizations that he belonged to. I found very little to like about the person.

Maybe it has a little bit to do with the fact that he LIKED referring to himself as the Beast in Revelations during a period of time when he KNEW the religious implications of making any references to it in regard to himself? Or the fact that he was hedonistic? Or that the based much of what he did on sex?

I think that he used his wealth to push the envelope of his desires, using secret societies and magic to cover what he did.
    Of course, this is just my personal opinion. He could have been a perfectly nice person, but....

Well he was not one that a lot of people would find themselves associating with that's for sure.What are your thoughts concerning HP Lovecraft? http://www.satansheaven.com/necronomicon.htm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:53 pm