Hello

Godscell

Number of posts : 25
    Job/hobbies : Teacher, yoga instructor, medium, gardener
    Registration date : 2015-10-11

Hello

Post  Godscell on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:47 am

Hello!

I essentially come here seeking (additional guidance) as I develop mediumship.  I have been learning and practising for a year or so, working with Christine Morgan, an Australian-based teacher of international renown and a sometimes instructor at Arthur Finlay College in England.  She is a wonderful teacher but the downside in having her as my teacher is that I drive for two-and-half hours when I attend her workshops and, obviously, it isn't possible for me to participate in her weekly development group.

Professionally, I have been a high school teacher for the last twenty-seven years.  I have been married for twenty five years and  I am mother to two sons, one 21 and, the other, 18. They're great kids. I also have an adorable pooch who will soon turn 14.

I have experienced unusual phenomena throughout my life and possess a strong psychic sense that has often been beneficial.  Some years ago, I was very interested in astral projection/ out of body journeying and became reasonably proficient until work changes made keeping a dream journal impractical. I hope one day to resume those practices. 

I am also a trained yoga teacher and teach with a daily practice an evening class once a week, simply because that is all I can reasonably offer with a full time job.  This suits my friends who run the yoga centre because they know they have a teacher who will keep the centre running when they wish to take off for a weekend or longer school holiday break or they'd like some help during retreats. 

I look forward to learning and sharing and making new friends on the forums.
    Blueanchor

Number of posts : 1161
    Registration date : 2015-08-26

Re: Hello

Post  Blueanchor on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:30 pm

Hello Godcell, welcome to the forum :urwelcome:
    Aqua

Female
    Number of posts : 314
    Registration date : 2014-12-11

Post  Aqua on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:08 pm

Welcome Godscell.....
    Knight of Albion

Male
    Number of posts : 568
    Registration date : 2013-12-18

Post  Knight of Albion on Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:32 pm

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Godscell

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 3495
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac on Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:32 am

Godscell wrote:Hello!

I essentially come here seeking (additional guidance) as I develop mediumship.  I have been learning and practising for a year or so, working with Christine Morgan, an Australian-based teacher of international renown and a sometimes instructor at Arthur Finlay College in England.  She is a wonderful teacher but the downside in having her as my teacher is that I drive for two-and-half hours when I attend her workshops and, obviously, it isn't possible for me to participate in her weekly development group.

Professionally, I have been a high school teacher for the last twenty-seven years.  I have been married for twenty five years and  I am mother to two sons, one 21 and, the other, 18. They're great kids. I also have an adorable pooch who will soon turn 14.

I have experienced unusual phenomena throughout my life and possess a strong psychic sense that has often been beneficial.  Some years ago, I was very interested in astral projection/ out of body journeying and became reasonably proficient until work changes made keeping a dream journal impractical. I hope one day to resume those practices. 

I am also a trained yoga teacher and teach with a daily practice an evening class once a week, simply because that is all I can reasonably offer with a full time job.  This suits my friends who run the yoga centre because they know they have a teacher who will keep the centre running when they wish to take off for a weekend or longer school holiday break or they'd like some help during retreats. 

I look forward to learning and sharing and making new friends on the forums.
    As a member interested in communication (on this website and elsewhere), the aspect of mediumship always has special interest for me. 

What characterises your own mediumship?
    Godscell

Post  Godscell on Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:58 am

Hi Mac, in answer to your question, I am a straightforward mental medium. I have progressed enough to know when I'm taking information psychically from an aura or connecting with spirit. I tend towards clairvoyant communication initially or if the connection doesn't get strong. I am still forming theories as to why some spirits are more easy to communicate with than others. I suspect there are a number of reasons. When a good blending occurs, it becomes more a matter of claircognizance for me.  I simply know what the communicator is feeling or remembering. I also sometimes feel communication as movement  and touch -kinaesthetic and tactile sensations. On a few occasions I've experienced something close to but not quite like clairaudience (I know this because I have experienced genuine clairaudience outside of mediumship). On the odd occasion, I suspect a third party presence assisting. That is, I get insights that do not seem to be coming from the spirit with whom I'm communicating and they don't feel like something I'd intuit myself, if that makes sense.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:02 am

Godscell wrote:Hi Mac, in answer to your question, I am a straightforward mental medium. I have progressed enough to know when I'm taking information psychically from an aura or connecting with spirit. I tend towards clairvoyant communication initially or if the connection doesn't get strong. I am still forming theories as to why some spirits are more easy to communicate with than others. I suspect there are a number of reasons. When a good blending occurs, it becomes more a matter of claircognizance for me.  I simply know what the communicator is feeling or remembering. I also sometimes feel communication as movement  and touch -kinaesthetic and tactile sensations. On a few occasions I've experienced something close to but not quite like clairaudience (I know this because I have experienced genuine clairaudience outside of mediumship). On the odd occasion, I suspect a third party presence assisting. That is, I get insights that do not seem to be coming from the spirit with whom I'm communicating and they don't feel like something I'd intuit myself, if that makes sense.
    A beautifully clear and simple explanation - thank you!   :kiss:    You might be surprised at how few practitioners appear to have such a clear understanding of their attributes yet call themselves 'mediums'.  :wink:
    Godscell

Post  Godscell on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:30 am

Thank you, Mac, that's very kind. I think this is because when I discovered for certain I could communicate with the deceased I was already in the habit of journalling and reflecting from having kept dream journals for years. In those journals I had also recorded psychic occurrences and I simply continued journalling when I moved into a practice of mediumship.  Having a good teacher also encourages a greater awareness of the processes.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Godscell wrote:Thank you, Mac, that's very kind. I think this is because when I discovered for certain I could communicate with the deceased I was already in the habit of journalling and reflecting from having kept dream journals for years. In those journals I had also recorded psychic occurrences and I simply continued journalling when I moved into a practice of mediumship.  Having a good teacher also encourages a greater awareness of the processes.
    I admire your analytical thoroughness.  That can help enormously, I've found, as can a good teacher.
    LaKapsule
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2015-10-17

Post  LaKapsule on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:56 pm

Hello !

You seem like an interesting person.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:01 pm

LaKapsule wrote:Hello !

You seem like an interesting person.
    qui?
    LaKapsule
    Just joined

Male
    Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2015-10-17

Post  LaKapsule on Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:00 pm

Sorry, i'm talking about Godscell. But you are surely interesting too ! :D

mac

Male

Post  mac on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:21 pm

LaKapsule wrote:Sorry, i'm talking about Godscell. But you are surely interesting too ! :D
    merci! :hugz:
    Godscell

Post  Godscell on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:53 am

Thanks, La Kapsule  :bfs:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:32 pm