hanging out with spirits

psychicwiccan

Female
    Number of posts : 72
    Job/hobbies : wicca no job
    Registration date : 2015-09-07

hanging out with spirits

Post  psychicwiccan on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:58 pm

I know you'll find this weird or even think im making this up but im not lying. i literally have earthbound spirits attached to me they follow me every where my whole life iv'e had earthbound souls attached to me they enter my dreams and talk to me or they speak to me with there voice 
    they told me how they died and there names iv'e looked them up and found obituary's on them. when i was a baby i was lifted up by one to draw on the ceiling all my drawings had faces. i use to have a recurring dream of a man all blue he was built muscular and tall coming out of the wall i'd always hide. but i had that dream for 2 years just a few months back realized it was a spirit.
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24347
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Re: hanging out with spirits

Post  Violet on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:25 pm

Well I don't think you're weird or making it up, I'd recommend finding an experienced medium to help you fine tune what appears to be a strong ability, welcome again by the way:med:

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

mac

Male
    Number of posts : 3704
    Job/hobbies : retired
    Registration date : 2010-04-23

Post  mac on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:02 pm

Violet wrote:Well I don't think you're weird or making it up, I'd recommend finding an experienced medium to help you fine tune what appears to be a strong ability, welcome again by the way:med:
    Finding such a medium in the USA, Violet, is likely to be far from easy.  And it might not be appropriate anyway for someone wiccan. 
    Violet
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 24347
    Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post  Violet on Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:09 pm

Hi mac, yeah it all seems more difficult in America for some reason.  
    Just been getting up to speed with everything ...

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.
    psychicwiccan

Female

um rude

Post  psychicwiccan on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:30 am

yes im wiccan but that doesn't mean i shouldn't learn mediumship.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:16 am

psychicwiccan wrote:yes im wiccan but that doesn't mean i shouldn't learn mediumship.
    well said! 

But it's often said the attribute of mediumship is within the individual rather than something that can be learned externally.  But I'm a Brit and in the UK mediumship frequently implies something very different from what's meant in the USA.  We need to be cautious that we understand one another.

In simple terms, what I mean by 'mediumship' is communication (of various kinds) between individuals in the spirit world and us here in the physical via the agency of a medium.  The method of communication, the type of mediumship, is much less important than the content and importance to the intended recipient.
    psychicwiccan

Female

Post  psychicwiccan on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:21 pm

I had know clue it was different in the uk.
    Crystal

Female
    Number of posts : 1249
    Job/hobbies : Counsellor - Crystals,Tarot, Reiki and animal healing
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal on Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:39 pm

psychicwiccan wrote:I had know clue it was different in the uk.

I'm not sure it is?  What do you think mediumship is then?
    psychicwiccan

Female

Post  psychicwiccan on Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:43 pm

Talking to the dead

mac

Male

Post  mac on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:21 pm

Here and elsewhere we've been down the "What is mediumship" path on various occasions. :wink:

In the USA being aware of, or communicating with, discarnates may be seen as mediumship.  It may well be seen that way by many in the UK too! 

But in the UK Spiritualist community (and possibly Australia and Canada), mediumship is the facilitation of communication between discarnates and incarnates via the agency of a third party, the so-called medium.

There is no right or wrong version but the difference is often not appreciated or understood. 
    psychicwiccan

Female

Post  psychicwiccan on Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:47 pm

Oh okay I see it as you can be a medium as long as you communicate with the dead see feel what ever you dont nessisarily have to do a reading.
    Crystal

Female
    Registration date : 2009-06-20

Post  Crystal on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:36 pm

mac wrote:Here and elsewhere we've been down the "What is mediumship" path on various occasions. :wink:

In the USA being aware of, or communicating with, discarnates may be seen as mediumship.  It may well be seen that way by many in the UK too! 

But in the UK Spiritualist community (and possibly Australia and Canada), mediumship is the facilitation of communication between discarnates and incarnates via the agency of a third party, the so-called medium.

There is no right or wrong version but the difference is often not appreciated or understood. 
    I may be tired here but using dead and alive please re-state those terms?

Are you implying a medium isnt a medium if they dont pass on a message from a dead person to one alive other than themself?

Auras

Male
    Number of posts : 2025
    Registration date : 2012-05-06

Post  Auras on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:44 pm

psychicwiccan wrote:Talking to the dead

It's more than talking to the dead. You're acting as a channel so you can receive and deliver messages. Your mediumship is unique to you and will enrich your personal life.

From your other threads it seems to me that you have some personal issues, I suggest that working on your issues before moving forward as things could get complicated. For example, myself. I use to be a really negative person and wanted to rush into mediumship but because I was so negative and was always doubting myself I was not in the right state of mind.

I took a step back, made changes in my life, started to have a positive attitude towards life, Ive startes accepting my past and now i feel myself moving forward.

I want to become a medium to, but when the time is right i will pushed onto that path by the spirit world. Take your time, there is no rush.

psychicwiccan

Female

Post  psychicwiccan on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:25 am

But I dont feel gifted.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:17 am

Crystal wrote:
    mac wrote:Here and elsewhere we've been down the "What is mediumship" path on various occasions. :wink:

I may be tired here but using dead and alive please re-state those terms?

Are you implying a medium isnt a medium if they dont pass on a message from a dead person to one alive other than themself?
      I'm implying nothing - I stated very clearly the basis of what I wrote.  As a long-time Spiritualist I don't find 'dead' and 'alive' helpful or accurate.  My own approach sees mediumship as I described earlier in the UK Spiritualist community. I'm a long-time Spiritualist, something that members here and elsewhere already know.

Last edited by mac on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional material)

mac

Male

Post  mac on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:21 am

psychicwiccan wrote:Oh okay I see it as you can be a medium as long as you communicate with the dead see feel what ever you dont nessisarily have to do a reading.
    In line with what I suggested in my earlier posting.  I'm a long-time Spiritualist and don't see such connections as mediumship.  Like I said, there's no right or wrong, just differences in perception but it's helpful to know what each of us is meaning, wouldn't you agree?

mac

Male

Post  mac on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:04 am

psychicwiccan wrote:But I dont feel gifted.
    Some will see being able to engage with unseen friends as a gift but it's not important if you don't.  You're under no obligation to feel grateful or to do anything with your 'ability'. 

There is nothing wrong in continuing to engage with your friends exactly as you do now or in changing things in whatever way suits you. (provided you know how to do it)  Perhaps you would feel more at home, though, on a website where wicca is the main subject, where you'll find others who are wiccan, have similar interests and whose experience may help you better.

mac

Male

Post  mac on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:08 am

Violet wrote:Hi mac, yeah it all seems more difficult in America for some reason.  
    Just been getting up to speed with everything ...
    It's different in the USA.  Although there are Spiritualist churches there relatively fewer and spread thinly compared with the UK's network of churches and centres.  Strange when one considers that Modern Spiritualism began there....
    psychicwiccan

Female

evps

Post  psychicwiccan on Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:42 am

I have an evp.
    Crystal

Female